Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Zombies, anyone??? I'm grooving!

Tomorrow in the wee hours, TCM is airing two of the best of all time!

First up, at 6AM EST, WHITE ZOMBIE, perhaps one of Bela Lugosi's finest hours as Murder Legrende, zombie master extraordinaire!!! I totally groove to Bela, and his hypnotic eyes, and this low-budget horror flick delivers on all counts!!!! Followed by the great Val Lewton, I WALKED WITH A ZOMBIE, TCM has atmosphere coming up you cannot even slice with a knife!!!

*White Zombie* has one of the best openings -- the crossroads -- and great music. I'm also fond of a rather low-rent zombie film: *King of the Zombies*. Pretty low budget but fun, with the great Madame Sul-Te-Wan in a supporting role. The last line of the film, spoken by Mantan Moreland: "If there's one thing I wouldn't wanna be twice, zombies is both of them!"

"Night of the Living Dead" (the original) is the king of zombie movies. "The Serpent and the Rainbow" is a nice trying to tell us what a zombie is (loosely). I like it as well.

About "I Walked with a Zombie", Mrs Gore once said.... oh never mind.

If anyone wants to place their hard earned money in a paper shredder, you can watch "Zombieland" at your local cinema instead - no difference.

> {quote:title=Swithin wrote:}{quote}

> *White Zombie* has one of the best openings -- the crossroads -- and great music. I'm also fond of a rather low-rent zombie film: *King of the Zombies*. Pretty low budget but fun, with the great Madame Sul-Te-Wan in a supporting role. The last line of the film, spoken by Mantan Moreland: "If there's one thing I wouldn't wanna be twice, zombies is both of them!"

I also love KING OF THE ZOMBIES!! From what I understand, Bela Lugosi was slated to star in the film, in the role played by Henry Victor. I absolutely adore Mantan Moreland and I feel this is one of his best flix! I wish TCM would air this one again soon!

I didn't know that about Lugosi, but I can sure picture him in that role. Did you know that *King of the Zombies* was nominated for an Oscar for best musical score? It's really a great score, the chant at the end is particularly catchy, although when the Mantan Moreland character (Jeff) is asked about it, he says, "It sure ain't Gene Krupa!"