Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Help identify this Pre-Code

perfectpawn

Once I read about this Pre-Code movie that was something like an airplane crash or a boat wreck and these people were stranded somewhere...it featured some musical bits but on the whole it was supposedly shocking, with racist nonsense and adult situations. And it covered a variety of genres, from musical to drama to fantasy. I can't remember the title of the film for the life of me, and a variety of Google searches yields nothing. Please let me know if this rings a bell.

Thanks for the reply, but none of these appear to be the film I seek. It's infuriating; it was only a month ago I discovered this movie. If I recall, it was only available on VHS. And I think I stumbled across it after reading up on either Madam Satan or Kongo. But again, no amount of Googling has lead me to the site where I first read about it. Something about a boat wreck or plane crash? With bizarre stuff along the lines of "Just Imagine?" It's lurking there in the back of my brain but I can't recall it! Thanks again, any further suggestions welcomed.

> {quote:title=perfectpawn wrote:}{quote}

> Thanks for the reply, but none of these appear to be the film I seek. It's infuriating; it was only a month ago I discovered this movie. If I recall, it was only available on VHS. And I think I stumbled across it after reading up on either Madam Satan or Kongo.

How about looking those two movies up on Amazon dot com, and scrolling down to ?Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought?, and see if you can find the missing film on that list of other similar pre-code films.

Thanks for the responses. I'd tried the "customers also recommend" on Amazon but it was a bust. However the "Let's Go Native" thread below makes me suspect that this movie indeed was the movie I read about (and so thanks to musicalnovelty for suggesting it), as the recap in the other thread sounds a bit like the summary I read of this mysterious film. The only thing is...the film I read about, I'm certain there was a vhs of it, because I remember reading reader reviews on Amazon. Yet there doesn't appear to be a vhs release of "Let's Go Native;" there certainly isn't one listed on Amazon. So for now I'll just let it go. Thanks!

> {quote:title=perfectpawn wrote:}{quote}

> Thanks for the responses. I'd tried the "customers also recommend" on Amazon but it was a bust. However the "Let's Go Native" thread below makes me suspect that this movie indeed was the movie I read about (and so thanks to musicalnovelty for suggesting it), as the recap in the other thread sounds a bit like the summary I read of this mysterious film. The only thing is...the film I read about, I'm certain there was a vhs of it, because I remember reading reader reviews on Amazon. Yet there doesn't appear to be a vhs release of "Let's Go Native;" there certainly isn't one listed on Amazon. So for now I'll just let it go. Thanks!

Pretty sure this was never on VHS in the US. Maybe elsewhere - you wouldn't believe what got released in Europe that never made it here.

Archived