Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
luccal1

My first time!

This is my first contibution. I looked through what was said and one item stands out. I read what this LEO has said about so many topics of discussion. I found his statements amusing, witty and downright informative. I was especially surprised to read so many of you were so hostile to what he wrote. I for one, do think in the 2 years I've been watching TCM that is has definately declined in what they show and the frequency of the same films shown. I also agree with Leo in that too many silents are aired and aired again and still, again.

Well, that's enough for now.

luccal1 - welcome and thank you for the feedback

I'm a little surprised about the silents; what particular films do you feel have been repeated too much? I think very few play more than once a year, but maybe I'm mistaken

in any case, we do appreciate the comments

Yes...I also would like to see a list of all those silent films that are supposedly repeated all the time.

I could hardly wait.

Mongo

I agree with you Mongo, and isn't it funny how this "new" contributor was solely interested in what LEO had to say, and didn't even care about the hundreds of other interesting and well thought out posts that have been made to these boards.

And Moviejoe--re-read again. You & those few other's are still missing the point. Isn't it time you all get with what is actually being said and stop with the comments that do NOT apply??

I take it that Luccal1 will be Leo's new username when he gets booted of this message board. Anyway, I also would like to see that supposed list of all those silent's that are being shown.

That's your list leo????? TWO silent films!!!! Your complaining about just TWO silent films!!!!

You've got to be kidding.

I want to SEE a LIST! Wheres the LIST of ALL these silent films that are making your life so miserable?

Are you on the level or is this a Candid Camera stunt or something?

All I know is that each month I can count 6 or 7 silent films that are shown on TCM opposed to over 300 talkies.

Are you sure the SOUND is working on your TV set?

Mongo

I hate to go against the grain, but this could not be Leo.

The spelling is perfect and you can actually follow the point that he is trying to make. I doubt if slappy would be so bold as to start again before the last body turned cold. So it can only be Leos twin, educated brother OR

a kindred spirit that insists on coming out of the

proverbial closet.(not a gay reference)

Eddie

Nick - are U so envious of the fact there are those out here who if they don't agree with me at least comprehend what I've written? And it is so refreshing to see another who appreciates all I've been stating...

Oh, take all your talk of comprehension and shove it, Leo. You're nothing more than a patronizing dullard, and there aren't many things more pitiful than that.

But I was speaking to nick. You people are so quick to interfere wit post meant for another, Now why not stop

jumping all over me for my view. Are all your lives that boring?

Suppose before I began posting there just must've been a void for you all. Now be so kind as to follow your own advice!

This is the second time you've done this--you say you were speaking to one particular person and that we're just jumpin' in. Don't give me that. My post was in reference to the many times you spoke of our supposed inability to comprehend what you say. Who do you think you are? You have never said anything remotely profound and you sometimes try to fake subtlety with B.S. You're fooling no one. You're a double-talker and a ****-poor one at that. Take it from a master.

And now you ask if our lives are so boring as to "interfere" with your, apparently, one-on-one discussions (this is a public forum, remember) with our criticism of you. I believe it is you whose life compels you to act as you do on these boards. I bet your posturing of arrogance is just overcompensation for...something.

There was no "void" here before you came, but now it's the void within your cranium that we must put up with.

I retract my previous statement. What's there to be accomplished?

Well, it is late and I am tired after a long day. I will deal with all the other messages tomorrow when I am more rested. I am not Leo or any relation. I don't know where anyone got that idea. Leo apparently has a great effect on you out there. I thought this was supposed to be a nice place to talk.

As far as all the messages going back and forth between Leo and whoever...start a new topic. This has NOTHING to do with my original message. Is this the way you guys talk on here??? I am highly offended by this. I worked in the Entertainment Field for over 10 years. I was on the store level, in a Management Level postion. I did pre-recorded music, videos, books and computer software to over 9 different retail chains.

I am sorry to the one who I am replying to. I have (in my first day dealing with this) been reading alot of negative messages. What happened to what I wrote originally?

repetitive been wondering for weeks now why everyone doesn't just ignore leo. it's already obvious that his comments are dull and excessive and he only posts to annoy everyone.

hi I'm new here and can't seem to post a message what am I doing wrong....I guess if you're reading this I'm not doing anything wrong...lol

I have a lot of trouble posting too. It's not too bad at night or very early morning but during the day----forget it. I can't post at all during the day. It helps if you have DSL but like I e-mailed to the web staff, I wasn't going to get DSL just so I can post on this web site.

classic - you & the others just don't follow what I'm saying like here's one: last night tcm showed such old 'things' it's rediculous. Do they think people are watching, really? And tonight, same old films they showed

couple weeks ago--Although 'Rear Window' is great. I won't be viewing. NOW WHAT IS THE BIG DEAL WITH WHAT I'M

SAYING??? Not a god daamn thing. Wake up people!

Now, now, no need for profanity. What are you, sixteen?

A writer who *should* know how to spell 'ridiculous' and 'damned' SHOULD be able to understand the following three words...

CHANGE THE CHANNEL.