Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
luccal1

My first time!

My I do get under your skin - now why not buy the book and if U check in the library you'd read more about me-and stop with the spelling crape- also, why respond when I'm writing to another one like you called classicfan U keep wanting to try to annoy me with your stupidity, oh well.

>> "...U keep wanting to try to annoy me with your stupidity..."

That sounds funny comin' from, well, U.

Pardon the interference.

Your another one who puts his nose where it's not needed. Mind your own business. My comment was NOT meant for you.

You & some of the others ought to start a club

Amusingly, you said basically the same thing to stoneyburke in the comment I responded to.

It doesn't matter if one of your posts is directed at a particular person when it all stems from something broader and in a public forum. It's all open...

'The' book? Don't you mean 'My' book? Slipped up there, youngster. Gotta keep in mind that you're pretending to be an author, not just a poster who assumed the name of an author of a verrry obscure book. Does Leo on that film site know you're using his name?

Oh, and BUY the book, WHY would I want to do that? I don't even KNOW Leo...then again, neither do you. By the way, the book review you wrote as 'leslie' is quite obvious.

And again, an AUTHOR who doesn't know how to spell 'crap'...OH, come on, graduate high school first and then come back to post.

And yeah, If I were you, I'd order that book. What would U do IF you enjoyed it? You'd no doubt fly around like a balloon with all the hot air escaping---

As for The Lodger and Greed being repeated ~ I do not recall ever seeing these movies listed on the schedule in the year and a half that I have had TCM. I have wanted to see them, and unless I am mistaken (which could definitely happen) I do not seem to remember ever seeing them on the schedule. I DEFINITELY know that they have not been listed or played on TV in the past few months. TCM offers a silent movie every Sunday night at midnight. I myself am not a big fan of the silents, but I think TCM, as a CLASSIC movie network should air some of the silents as they are great examples of early and classic filmmaking. I honestly do not remember seeing any silents repeated, and if they were, it was not as if they were repeated in the next week. TCM has more silents than that!

I heartily agree with what Mongo said about there being about 6-7 silents and 300 talkies a month. I mean, how many more silents can you cut out? I think that number is fine for the silents (and maybe if they even add one or two more) because the silents really do not get the reconigition they deserve, and they are true gems in regard to classic filmmaking.

Just putting in my two cents.

brackenhe, you mean you're not in awe of our resident author's command of the English language?

Too bad, I guess he's not also exiting, stage right.

Of course you are correct, kimbo. Silents are a part of film history, and although I am not a big fan of them, I have come to strongly dislike what leo has suggested. And he a 'supposed' author.

TCM is doing the audience a service by programming silents. If leo and his ilk want the sanitized, MTV, Clear Channel, Rainbow Media, Rupert Murdoch version of entertainment history, they can always:

change....the....channel.

Don't U recall, TCM was better- far better a couple years ago. Only rarely did they show ancient 'things' from 1913 and a few years later. I want, as 98% of other people wish: Films with Gable etc---And just what the hell's so priceless about a silent? Its fine to view a couple of minutes then switch, which I think many more than you realize are doing...

It would be a lot easier for most of us to find one thing that isn't "priceless" about a good Silent movie, Leo. But, why don't you do this: Tell us exactly why you object so much to them. Maybe your reasons would interest us...or not...but at least we'd know. ML

I thought I had already but here goes again: Silents (some) have some charm but far too many more contain nothing more going for them in that they were made 60 or more years ago and one can view and say, "My, that was a great effect for then" Afterwards what? I just can not sit or stand looking for more than 5 minutes.

Also, since we're discussing above, I still can't fathom why you people got so bent and then wrote with such personal comments about me and with vindictiveness...

Suppose whatever floats one's boat.

that's cool leo, that was explained well without the bluntness - which may have resulted in the backlash earlier - in my opinion.

you know you really have a lot of interesting stuff to say, it's just how you say it.

Well Leo, you never disappoint. That's pretty much what I thought you'd have to say about the Silents and your reasons for hating them so much. And, that's fine...none of us has to "like" and value the same movies, or even the era's they came from. But, that was no reason to go way overboard and say that all the Silents should be burned, and it was most certainly no reason to get rude and insulting toward TCM's staff for programming them. In this world, Leo...what goes around comes around. You also got extremely rude and insulting toward some of us, and set the stage for some of us to give that crap right back to you. That's all there is to it. This is the last time I'm going to try to do you a favor by explaining it to you. It's pointless to discuss it any further, so let's just drop it. ML

Man- u really have it bad! It seems it's only you that takes a statement said and then builds only your own thoughts into it. You invent more than what was there. I AM RUDE? As for tcm programing's I say if that's all they have in their inventory then they ought to close shop for a bit, count their pennies, and BUY, LICENSE - do anything but show same films!!!

I wish the hell you antra (whatever) and that classic fan character join hands and take one long walk! You both only know how to insult and add remarks as to my writing talents etc. To you both I'll say again: WHERE I HAVE BEEN YOU BOTH STILL HAVE YET TO GO> Am I getting too deep for the sorry likes of you two?

Hah! *pffft* Oh, leo. You keep repeating that stupid line as if it has anything to do with anything. Whatever you are, you're a nothing. We aren't just beatin' up on you for little, isolated errors. Your usage of the language is so chronically awful that when you profess to be an author and talk down to everyone, you should expect to be slammed for it! Now you're whinin' pissin' and moanin' about our relentless, vindictive remarks, apparently forgetting that you have repeatedly fired cutting (and ludicrous) remarks at us about our ability to comprehend the brilliant things you spew forth.

all that needs to be said is that if you don't like the format of the station, don't watch it. But don't take away something that the majority of people enjoy. The more I read the more I wonder why you even watch this channel. I wonder if I'm the only one that thinks that your agenda has nothing to do with your written format and everything to do with "your muse". I have always

lived and let live with your comments but even I am growing very tired of its ignorance. I have said on more than one occasion that you are getting way too much press with your hate for silents.But obviously a lot of people truely enjoy them and that is all that needs to be said.

Please people, ignore his ignorant comments about silents, his novel, and anything else you deem offensive.

And if he decides to bring something pertanant to the table, then accept the positive.

Please Leo, quit with the headgames and bring something positive to the boards. Inspire me as a writer,and not as the person that you are portraying.

I have the feeling that you are much better than this.

Sincerely Eddie.

My very last post on this subject. I hope more will

follow. If you ignore the ignorance, it will go away.

Surprised with your comments. Who the hell do U think prompted this crape? 2 come to mind: classic & that other god damn idiot, antro---and I do watch TCM but not as much as in the past and that's due to the films shown..is that simple enough?

Is that simple enough? You tell us, Leo. After all, you were the one bitchin' 'bout the programming.