Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Adventures of Robin Hood montage

Saxbrack

• 5 months later...

Very well done...great tune and mix of images.

Certainly reaches the younger generation of viewers who never heard of Errol Flynn.

As an actor, I chuckle when I hear the over abundance of accolades for actors like Spencer Tracy or Marlon Brando as being the greatest film actors,.                                                                                                It makes me think of those two great actors trying to pull off roles like Robin Hood, Gentleman Jim, They Died with Their Boots On, Captain Blood, The Sea Hawk or Elizabeth and Essex!

Errol Flynn did them so effortlessly and naturally.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                There is no such thing as "the greatest film actor" as the roles in these film were done in a way the is completely out of reach for a Brando or Tracy.

It is so sad that Flynn did not credit these roles enough and realize how great of an actor he was to create these characters with such a performance that they have never been usurped by "any" actor since.

Thank you for that splendid montage of a great actor.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings