Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

After the 2-28-2022 Upgrade

The default content viewing behavior has changed.

For example, when you look at a list of topics in a forum, you will see the topic titles listed along the left side together with the avatar of the author of the most recent message post on the right side with the time when the latest message was posted.  If you click on this time, it used to take you to the latest message that was posted.  Now it will take you to the first message in the thread.  For topics with many posts, this can be many pages away from the latest post.  I assume most users will want to go directly to the latest post, not the first message in the thread (there can be hundreds of posts).

Clicking on the date/time for the latest message and having it take you to the first message instead is not an expected behavior.

9 hours ago, cmovieviewer said:

The default content viewing behavior has changed.

For example, when you look at a list of topics in a forum, you will see the topic titles listed along the left side together with the avatar of the author of the most recent message post on the right side with the time when the latest message was posted.  If you click on this time, it used to take you to the latest message that was posted.  Now it will take you to the first message in the thread.  For topics with many posts, this can be many pages away from the latest post.  I assume most users will want to go directly to the latest post, not the first message in the thread (there can be hundreds of posts).

Clicking on the date/time for the latest message and having it take you to the first message instead is not an expected behavior.

That still works for me.  I haven't used it much.  I typically click on the "star" or "dot" icon on the left hand side which takes you to the first unread comment in the thread.

When you hover over the timestamp on the right-hand side, do you see a URL (likely at the bottom of your browser window) that ends with this: ?do=getLastComment

I believe it works as expected if the member settings option 'Content View Behavior' is set to 'Take me to the latest comment'

However, for members that have a different setting or visitors that are not members, the default behavior goes to the beginning of the thread.  That is the 'default' behavior I am referring to in comparison with the way it worked before.

7 hours ago, cmovieviewer said:

I believe it works as expected if the member settings option 'Content View Behavior' is set to 'Take me to the latest comment'

However, for members that have a different setting or visitors that are not members, the default behavior goes to the beginning of the thread.  That is the 'default' behavior I am referring to in comparison with the way it worked before.

I never set mine (didn't even know the setting was there), but I looked to see how it was set.  Mine is set to "Take me to the beginning"

Sorry I'm not more help here...

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/15/2022 at 11:07 AM, Swithin said:

Trouble logging in. I have to try two or three times, then it works. Recent problem, due presumably to the technical changes. I use Safari.

Are still stateside at the moment? I know you travel between NYC and London quite often, or at least you used to. 

I ask because someone else who stays in London said that they couldn't log in anymore from there.

20 minutes ago, LawrenceA said:

Are still stateside at the moment? I know you travel between NYC and London quite often, or at least you used to. 

I ask because someone else who stays in London said that they couldn't log in anymore from there.

Haven't been to London since Autumn 2019, due to pandemic. Hope to go later this Spring. I used to log on regularly from London, but then it became almost impossible to do so. Then, it became sort of possible again. Bogie had issues as well, as I recall, don't know what the situation is now.

• Thanks 1