Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Who thinks there should be a viewer request day/month?

GreatMoviesFan

A GREAT idea! At least one day, but better yet, a week of TCM fan picks. The only thing I find interesting about the invited guest programmers and the tedious "Essentials" is hearing the commentary and analyses of the guests. In themselves, their selections are pretty much predictable.

I would absolutely love this idea, especially if they pick the movies *I* want to see. :D

Seriously though, I never have a problem with the movies TCM picks. If I went through the schedule, I could probably find one movie each day that looks *really, really* interesting and two more that I'd like to see. The problem is that sometimes those movies are shown during the day, rather than at the 8:00 prime spot, which is when I, and most of us "middle Americans," like to settle down.

A lot of times I don't like the movies that are picked (like our bikini movies last night), but I know some people enjoy them, so I can't complain. Hey, if TCM gives me one good night every week, that's more good TV than I get from all my other 60+ channels combined.

I agree with myblair about not being able to watch the channel during the day when it seems all the good movies I would like to watch are on, but not able to due to the fact that I am at work. Woe is me! I do like the general idea of having a viewer request time day or month. If we could just make the viewer requested movie(s) on at at time during the early evening. The movies I want to watch are either on at 1:00 in the afternoon or 1:00 in the morning it seems. Alac and alas! I repeat Woe is me!