Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Alfred.

Aritosthenes

Happy, Healthy, Gorgeous and Lovely 89nth Birthday to the One and Only English Acting Icon and Legend Sir Michael Caine CBE. Easily one of the most identifiable voices in the Arts. Born March Fourteenth, 1933. Rotherhithe United Kingdom.

Impossible for me to pick a Favourite Film from this Man's Staggering Repertoire. Not sure I'd want to.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Shank Asu said:

Feel like I've watched a lot of his films in the past 12 months- The Island, Pulp, Get Carter, etc.  Very versatile actor.  Never realized he could be a badass before.

I Had (Completely) Forgotten About Pulp. 

YES He Definitely Could. And He Had.. Such a Unique Way of Doing It. (With Respect to Your last observation there.)

16 hours ago, Toto said:

Yes - Sir Michael Caine is amazing and happy birthday!  I agree that it's almost impossible to choose a favorite role but I do love Michael Caine as Eliot in Hannah and Her Sisters.

For me, his Voice Alone is reason enough to sit down with any of his films. While obviously subjective, one of the Few Performers around who's voice possesses that magical elixir.

• Like 1

And I gotta wonder.  Why "Alfred" Ari?  Sure.  Caine played the character of the butler Alfred in a BATMAN movie, but as his big "breakthrough" role was the eponymous ALFIE I would have thought that would be your title choice.  ;) 

Sepiatone

• Like 1

To be honest, I actually have not seen too many Michael Caine films, but of the ones I've seen my favorites are Deathtrap (1982) and The Muppet Christmas Carol (1992). The Muppet Christmas Carol is a holiday tradition for my family and Caine plays the role of Scrooge so well!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, _Broadway_ said:

To be honest, I actually have not seen too many Michael Caine films, but of the ones I've seen my favorites are Deathtrap (1982) and The Muppet Christmas Carol (1992). The Muppet Christmas Carol is a holiday tradition for my family and Caine plays the role of Scrooge so well!

Agree.

Cant Decide who makes the Better scrooge turned Softie; Caine or Stewart.

Or BOTH. !

3 hours ago, Sepiatone said:

And I gotta wonder.  Why "Alfred" Ari?  Sure.  Caine played the character of the butler Alfred in a BATMAN movie, but as his big "breakthrough" role was the eponymous ALFIE I would have thought that would be your title choice.  ;) 

Sepiatone

Lol

Decided upon Alfred as the new grittier interpretation of "Vengance" has just dropped (speaking of Reeves Visionary the Batman take)

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings