Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

"The Missing Juror" (1944)

This is supposed to be a good noir from director Budd Boetticher, and TCM is showing it this Friday, Oct. 9, at 4:45am ET:

*The Missing Juror* (1944)

A detective tries to stop whomever is murdering the jurors on a notorious murder case.

Cast: Jim Bannon, Janis Carter, George Macready, Jean Stevens Dir: Oscar Boetticher Jr. BW-66 mins

This is an excellent little "B" with a nice performance from George Macready. I'd also recommend some other Columbia films from this period. SHADOWED, SO DARK THE NIGHT, THE MAN WHO DARED and THE WALLS CAME TUMBLING DOWN. Hard to find, but worth the search.

I thought it was a really good film! B, naturally, and yes, it was clear to everyone (except the actors onscreen!), that Macready was back, with a beard. Still, his performance was outstanding and helped to make the film. Good supporting cast though. Very well done on a low budget.

>>This film gives it all away in the first twenty minutes, unless viewers, like the actors, can't tell that's Macready in a beard.

I guess that the cast was made up from Daily Planet reporters.

>>Yup. Nothing gets past those Daily Planet reporters.

I was about 30 when I started wearing glasses. I went into work, certain that no one would recognize me.