Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Dick Van Dyke

David Guercio

You know.  I’ve been thinking a lot about Dick Van Dyke lately and he’s another really great guy too and a Disney legend and Disney treasure too.  So I think he would be a great guest programmer too.  He also really appreciates classic TV and classic movies.  Please have him sometime TCM.  Thank you.

• Like 1

Dick Van Dyke would be great although he's not getting any younger at 96 (!!).  I looked at the Guest Programmer list and couldn't find his name.  I'm surprised that they never had him on.  Maybe he'd pick some Laurel and Hardy.  He's a big fan of Stan Laurel.

• Like 1

Yes he is.  I saw a part of when he and Mary Tyler Moore were on Larry King and I think he said Laurel and Hardy were actually part of what inspired his part of Rob Petrie on The Dick Van Dyke Show.  The Dick Van Dyke Show is one of my all time favorite classic TV shows too.  It’s great.  I love it.  Carl Reiner sure did a really wonderful and really amazing job creating it and making it.  Didn’t he and he was another really great and really funny guy too.  Wasn’t he?  I really loved him a whole lot too.  Did I spell his last name right and I bet Dick Van Dyke would maybe pick some Laurel And Hardy movies.  You never know.  I bet he would select some great movie picks and I hope they have him sometime.  Like I said.  He would be great.  Wouldn’t he and he’s a really wonderful and really amazing actor too.  Isn’t he and he’s another really great and really funny guy too.  Isn’t he?  I really love him a whole lot too.  He’s still working too.  I think he actually goes on tour with a quartet and they sing all kinds of songs from some of the movies/musicals he was in.  Like Walt Disney’s Mary Poppins.  Chitty Chitty Bang Bang and Bye Bye Birdie.  He might not be on tour right now.  Because of covid.  But if he came somewhere where I could see him?  I would see him.  That would be just so cool.  Wouldn’t it?

• Like 1

I love The Dick Van Dyke Show, too.  It's timeless, I can't tell you how many times I've seen the show over the years but it's still funny.  My kids have been watching the show recently and love it.  I'm with you, David,  Mr. Van Dyke would be a fun guest host.  I don't know how he's doing in his advanced age but he was the best part of that new Mary Poppins Returns (2018) movie.

Yep, Carl Reiner was very funny and talented, too.  He was great as Alan Brady.  Maybe Dick Van Dyke would pick one of his movies.  It's interesting when people pick personal movies that influenced their career or have some connection to rather than pick some generic "great" movie.

I wish TCM would do more interviews in general with the classic stars who are still around. 

• Like 3

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings