Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Darkness after Dawn

Mandana

Hi everyone.

this is my first message here.  So forgive me if I make any mistakes.

I was hoping someone could help me find the very old intro TCM use to play for Saturday morning (or was it Sunday morning) for film noir — Darkness after Dawn.  I can’t find any intro older than Eddie Muller’s Noir Alley.

if I’m not mistaken there were at least 2 versions of the same intro — one longer than the other.  I miss those terribly.

45 minutes ago, Mandana said:

Hi everyone.

I was hoping someone could help me find the very old intro TCM use to play for Saturday morning (or was it Sunday morning) for film noir — Darkness after Dawn.  I can’t find any intro older than Eddie Muller’s Noir Alley.

if I’m not mistaken there were at least 2 versions of the same intro — one longer than the other.  I miss those terribly.

This montage has it.  The one you want starts at 11:00 minutes into the video.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mandana said:

Hi everyone.

Hello TXFILMFAN.

Can’t thank you enough for this montage.  I try not to admit it to myself but I honestly think TCM was so much more creative.

I actually wanted to also look for the bit Bill Cosby did to advertise Darkness After Dawn where he plays the PI.  Anyway if it’s not too much trouble please forward me anything else you can think of from the good old days.  Thank you again.

16 hours ago, Mandana said:

Can’t thank you enough for this montage.  I try not to admit it to myself but I honestly think TCM was so much more creative.

I agree...if you go to YouTube and type TCM promos in the search, you'll find lots (about 80) videos of promos, bumpers going back to the 1990s.  I didn't go through them but maybe you could find the specific one you're looking for in them (most contain several spots, range from a couple minutes to over 20).  Anyway, they're fun to watch..I watched one 'batch' that had quick clips of WB films that went on for about 4 minutes...just great stuff.

Edit...here's the one you mentioned...

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Mandana said:

Hello TXFILMFAN.

I actually wanted to also look for the bit Bill Cosby did to advertise Darkness After Dawn where he plays the PI.  Anyway if it’s not too much trouble please forward me anything else you can think of from the good old days.  Thank you again.

Cosby is in that montage as well.

• Thanks 1

On 3/19/2022 at 3:14 PM, txfilmfan said:

This montage has it.  The one you want starts at 11:00 minutes into the video.

Thanks for posting this! Some of these were before my time, but I remember in detail the "One Reel Wonders" song! As soon as it came on I was taken back to watching TCM as a kid. I enjoyed watching the rest of the bumpers and commercials that I had not seen before, too. They were really well done! I kind of wish the current ones were as good, but times and tastes change, I guess. Maybe we'll get some creative new ones like these someday!

I am so glad TCM still plays the "Open All Night" bumper for late-night programming. It's one I remember from the dare of yore and it is so comforting and nostalgic to me.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings