Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

MAY 5 - Tyrone Power and Alice Faye share a May 5th Birthday!

TEACH123

How nice it would be to watch the three movies Alice & Tyrone made together, on their birthday.  These are In Old Chicago(1937),  Irving Berlin's Alexanders Ragtime Band(1938), and Rose of Washington Square(1939).. Plus other movies with Tyrone(Razors Edge, Mark of Zorro, Nightmare Alley, Witness For The Prosecution,  etc..), and Alice(Hello Frisco Hello, Sing Baby Sing, Lillian Russell, Tin Pan Alley, etc...)

• Like 5

May  5th is also  the birthday of Marx,  Karl  not Groucho. It's  reassuring to  know that Karl Marx will be remembered  long  after

Power and  Faye  are  forgotten.  The  world is  turned  right side up. 🤠

3 hours ago, Vautrin said:

May  5th is also  the birthday of Marx,  Karl  not Groucho. It's  reassuring to  know that Karl Marx will be remembered  long  after

Power and  Faye  are  forgotten.  The  world is  turned  right side up. 🤠

Knowing TCM they are likely to show Rasputin and the Empress,  Anastasia,  and other such films,  all hosted by Tucker Carlson!

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, JamesJazGuitar said:

Knowing TCM they are likely to show Rasputin and the Empress,  Anastasia,  and other such films,  all hosted by Tucker Carlson!

If one wanted  to get technical, those  movies would  pertain to  the Russian revolution and  not Marx, as Marx thought  that Russia had

not yet advanced enough  as a capitalist economy to  support a revolution by  the industrial proletariat, at least toward  the end  of

the 19th century.  But since  it's Hollywood........

And here I was kind'a hopin' that TCM would think out-of-the-box for once that day and might see fit to celebrate May 5th birthday boy Will 'Surgarfoot' Hutchins and with a slate of HIS movies. And WHO I might add, will be celebrating HIS 92nd birthday that day, AND which will be 48 MORE birthdays than Tyrone Power ever celebrated!

I mean I'm sure I've seen TCM show Clambake and Spinout in the not-too-distant past, and so that whole "rights" thing wouldn't or shouldn't apply in THIS case, right?!

(...I mean, what did Tyrone Power have that Will Hutchins didn't have, I ask?!...well, besides that whole 48 less birthdays thing, that is)

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/22/2022 at 5:47 AM, TEACH123 said:

How nice it would be to watch the three movies Alice & Tyrone made together, on their birthday.  These are In Old Chicago(1937),  Irving Berlin's Alexanders Ragtime Band(1938), and Rose of Washington Square(1939).. Plus other movies with Tyrone(Razors Edge, Mark of Zorro, Nightmare Alley, Witness For The Prosecution,  etc..), and Alice(Hello Frisco Hello, Sing Baby Sing, Lillian Russell, Tin Pan Alley, etc...)

Yes, all 3 wonderful and diverse, a great disaster movie, one of the most original musicals ever and the original Fanny Brice story. Alice had a deep husky voice and Tyrone, a very underrated actor who could play any role w believability.  Off screen, they were lifelong friends and Alice found him handsome with a soupçon of devilish humor 

On 3/22/2022 at 5:12 PM, Vautrin said:

May  5th is also  the birthday of Marx,  Karl  not Groucho. It's  reassuring to  know that Karl Marx will be remembered  long  after Power and  Faye  are  forgotten. 

I'm not so sure. What studio was he with?

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings