Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Roman Spring of Mrs. Stone

B Moyer

TCM:

Just a "minor" correction on the Credits for actors in the original Roman Spring of Mrs. Stone. The young man that "stalked" Vivian Leigh was not Jeremy Spenser. The Actors name was Joe Sonessa who happened to be my brother in law. They look very similar but its Joe from South Philly. Although he was in a lot of scenes in the film, his character never spoke a line and his name never appeared in the credits. Some websites credit Joe, some Jeremy (including TCM) Joe has passed on but his family, especially his daughter would like this corrected. Joe's acting career was in the late 50's to early 60's including other films and TV.

Regards

Bob Moyer

• Thanks 5

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/24/2022 at 5:50 AM, B Moyer said:

TCM:

Just a "minor" correction on the Credits for actors in the original Roman Spring of Mrs. Stone. The young man that "stalked" Vivian Leigh was not Jeremy Spenser. The Actors name was Joe Sonessa who happened to be my brother in law. They look very similar but its Joe from South Philly. Although he was in a lot of scenes in the film, his character never spoke a line and his name never appeared in the credits. Some websites credit Joe, some Jeremy (including TCM) Joe has passed on but his family, especially his daughter would like this corrected. Joe's acting career was in the late 50's to early 60's including other films and TV.

Regards

Bob Moyer

Your brother-in-law should have the respect afforded and be named correctly…Thank you very much for posting and elaborating a bit on Joe Sonessa…he was very memorable in Roman Spring of Mrs. Stone, a movie that I have watched over a dozen times!

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings