Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Here Are What My Movie Picks Would Be If I Were A Guest Programmer

David Guercio

Hey PEEBS.  I think I’ve told you before.  Here are what my movie picks would be if I were a guest programmer.

The Adventures Of Robin Hood 1938.

The Wizard Of Oz 1939.

Harvy 1950.

Treasure Island 1990.  TCM Premire

and speaking of The Adventures Of Robin Hood?  I can’t wait till Errol Flynn’s SOTM next month.  It will be great.  Won’t it?  I’m really looking forward to it a whole lot and he was another really wonderful and really amazing actor too.  Wasn’t he?  He had a lot of and all kinds of really heroic roles too.  Didn’t he and I think I requested for him to be SOTM.  I don’t remember and I know he doesn’t start next Friday night.  April 1st/April Fools Day.  But I think having Errol Flynn as SOTM on TCM will make a great Birthday present from TCM.  Because next Friday.  April 1st/April Fools Day is mine and my Uncle Gary’s Birthday and Debbie Renolds’s Birthday too.  Did you know that?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, David Guercio said:

Hey PEEBS.  I think I’ve told you before.  Here are what my movie picks would be if I were a guest programmer.

Hey David, I think you are right.  Good list!  I think you are missing one you mentioned before, Secret of the Incas (1954).   Starring Charlton Heston, this movie was an inspiration for Raiders of the Lost Ark.  See, I was paying attention!  ;)

Secret of the Incas streaming: where to watch online?

I'm curious what other posters here would pick as their Essentials.  I bet you'd get some interesting lists.

Yes, I Errol Flynn month will be great.  I remember years ago watching an Errol Flynn month on TCM and "discovering" some of his lesser-known films.  

I hope you have a happy birthday, David.  That's kind of neat to have your birthday on April Fools!  Looking it up I see Ali McGraw, Toshirô Mifune, Lon Chaney, Jane Powell, Wallace Beery and Gordon Jump all share your birthday, too.  IMDb: Birth Month Day of 04-01 (Sorted by Popularity Ascending) - IMDb

Yeah.  Secrets Of The Incas too.  I know some guest programmers have had two or three movie picks.  But don’t they usually pick four?  Or five sometimes too?  Thank you so much for the early Birthday wishes PEEBS.  My Uncle Gary and I will both have a great one.  We’re both really looking forward to it a whole lot.  Whoa.  It’s so cool that all these celebrities have a Birthday with us too.  Isn’t it?

• Like 1

And I don’t know when I’m going.  But I will come to the festival someday.  Hopefully more then once too and that would just make a really wonderful Birthday present too.  It looks and sounds like it will be a great festival this year too.  I just posted something on the board.

1 hour ago, David Guercio said:

Thanks PEEBS.  Who’s that a picture of?

Hi David, it's a picture of Marilyn Monroe. I thought Marilyn looked lovely (but when didn't she) blowing out the candle on her cake. 

I considered posting one of Debbie Reynolds since you two share a birthday.  Well, I'll go ahead and post it anyway:

14 Reasons Why Life Should Be More Like "Singin' In The Rain" | Singin' in  the rain, Danganronpa, Singing in the rain

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings