Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Fantasy Television Stars Pairings

cinemaman

Please  name your  favorite  television  characters  or  stars  you   would  have liked seen  together  on  a  television  show  For  an example ,  how about   pairing  Steve  McGarrett   (  Jack  Lord)  Hawaii  Five -O  with  Thomas  Magnum  (  Tom  Selleck)  Magnum  P.I.  The  two  shows  were  police  dramas  ,  set  in the  state  of  Hawaii. It  helps  to  pair  your  stars  ,  if  the  television  shows  were  the  same  genre. Thanks

My  first  television  stars  I  would  liked  to  see  paired  are  Mary  Tyler  Moore  (  Mary  Richards)   with  Candice  Bergen  (  Murphy  Brown). Both  stars  where  in two  classic  sit-coms  set  in  a newsroom.  The  two  shows  had  an  deep  roster  of  stars  (  Mary  Tyler  Moore  Show  and  Murphy  Brown).  Mary  Richards  who  was  news  producer  could  have  produce  an  news  show  with  Murphy  Brown  being  the  news  anchor.. There  would  be  many  great  story  lines  you  could  write   about  with  the  merging  the  two  shows.

9 hours ago, cinemaman said:

Please  name your  favorite  television  characters  or  stars  you   would  have liked seen  together  on  a  television  show  For  an example ,  how about   pairing  Steve  McGarrett   (  Jack  Lord)  Hawaii  Five -O  with  Thomas  Magnum  (  Tom  Selleck)  Magnum  P.I.  The  two  shows  were  police  dramas  ,  set  in the  state  of  Hawaii. It  helps  to  pair  your  stars  ,  if  the  television  shows  were  the  same  genre. Thanks

They actually did this with the recent reboots.

They tried to do this with the two original series, but Lord's health made that difficult.  The original Magnum, P.I., in the pilot, acknowledged the previous series' universe by mentioning the McGarrett character and the state police unit he helmed.  For this reason, some consider the latter series a sequel of sorts to Hawaii Five-O; it's definitely considered to exist in the same "universe."

And I'll be silently waiting here until the Nipster sees this thread and offers up the suggestion of Shatner and Stewart fighting to the finish to see who gets ultimate command of the Starship Enterprise!

(...and of course in his scenario, Shatner would naturally win)

• Haha 1

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings