Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Overlooked Films

Wrathchilde

This is my first post 

I always thought  TCM has overlooked  some classics in the Warner Bros library that have (to my knowledge) never aired on Tcm. They are as follows 

1. Clockwork Orange (1971)

2. Dirty Harry (1971)

3. The Road Warrior aka Mad Max 2 (1981)

4. Goodfellas (1990)

5. Unforgiven (1992)

With all the so called contemporary "classics" they have played of late these five films are worthy of the classic film title.

Something to consider. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Wrathchilde said:

This is my first post 

I always thought  TCM has overlooked  some classics in the Warner Bros library that have (to my knowledge) never aired on Tcm. They are as follows 

1. Clockwork Orange (1971)

2. Dirty Harry (1971)

3. The Road Warrior aka Mad Max 2 (1981)

4. Goodfellas (1990)

5. Unforgiven (1992)

With all the so called contemporary "classics" they have played of late these five films are worthy of the classic film title.

Something to consider. 

You are also one of the only newbies that request TCM show contemporary classics.      Most newbies' first post are along the lines of :  why is TCM showing this modern junk,,,,  this didn't happened when Robert Osborne was here,,,,  etc,,, 

I like what you are asking to be considered:   I.e.  since TCM is showing more contemporary classics,   why don't they show these films.   Hopefully you will get your wish.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, JamesJazGuitar said:

You are also one of the only newbies that request TCM show contemporary classics.      Most newbies' first post are along the lines of :  why is TCM showing this modern junk,,,,  this didn't happened when Robert Osborne was here,,,,  etc,,, 

I like what you are asking to be considered:   I.e.  since TCM is showing more contemporary classics,   why don't they show these films.   Hopefully you will get your wish.

It's funny. I know movies from that era are called that, but some of them are over 50 years old. Even 30-40 year old flicks are hardly "contemporary". Maybe it's time they amended the criteria for just plain old classics. It just seems odd to me every time I hear the term when I condider the age of some of these.

1 hour ago, David Proulx said:

It's funny. I know movies from that era are called that, but some of them are over 50 years old. Even 30-40 year old flicks are hardly "contemporary". Maybe it's time they amended the criteria for just plain old classics. It just seems odd to me every time I hear the term when I condider the age of some of these.

Typically I use the term studio-era instead of "classic" since studio-era has a more defined time-period; 1929 - 1968.   

Classic is too vague to be useful and is only a term used for marketing.

• Like 4

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings