Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

DANGEROUS LIAISONS (1988)

Allhallowsday

TCM late last night (or early this morn) broadcast DANGEROUS LIAISONS (1988) 

I switched back and forth between DS and HYDE PARK ON HUDSON on some free channel (weird but interesting)   Forgot UMA THURMAN and KEANU REEVES very young.  I ended up going to bed mainly because the two principals of DANGEROUS LIAISONS are repulsive.  I think I am hating on this movie.  Ick. 

11 hours ago, Allhallowsday said:

TCM late last night (or early this morn) broadcast DANGEROUS LIAISONS (1988) 

I switched back and forth between DS and HYDE PARK ON HUDSON on some free channel (weird but interesting)   Forgot UMA THURMAN and KEANU REEVES very young.  I ended up going to bed mainly because the two principals of DANGEROUS LIAISONS are repulsive.  I think I am hating on this movie.  Ick. 

But they're repulsive in such a cunning and ingenious way.  But if you can't stand them, you can watch the same year's antidote My Neighbor Totoro.

• Haha 1

The movie still looks great, and the actors competent.   I liked this movie when I saw it new.   I'm sure I was in no mood for it.  I also felt the affectations of their manner was hard to take from American actors playing 18th century French fey aristocrats.  I'm over it. 

Here's an old thread on the topic.........

'Valmont' vs 'Dangerous Liaisons'

"............Forman's "Valmont" is a much different film from Frears' "Dangerous Liaisons," which was nominated as one of last year's best pictures. The Frears version is cerebral and claustrophobic, an exercise in sexual mindplay.

Forman's is more physical. In "Dangerous Liaisons," the characters seem turned on by the idea of seducing the innocent...."

https://forums.tcm.com/topic/257128-valmont-vs-dangerous-liaisons/#comment-1905064

😎

• Like 1

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings