Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Now, Voyager

Adrienne

Betty Davis gave one of the best performances of all time in this movie. It’s why I got into classic film. The music, the cigarette lighting, and the ending! Love wins even though it loses. I could watch it a million times and feel the exhilaration of the final scene! Unreal!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Adrienne said:

Betty Davis gave one of the best performances of all time in this movie. It’s why I got into classic film. The music, the cigarette lighting, and the ending! Love wins even though it loses. I could watch it a million times and feel the exhilaration of the final scene! Unreal!

It's a great, great film, the American Cinema at its peak. It was my mother's favorite movie.

• Like 1

And Gladys Cooper is so bone-chillingly heartless as Charlotte's mother. It's the kind of performance you watch with your heart in your mouth, almost not believing what you're seeing. It makes Charlotte's distress and her eventual recovery all the more compelling because we've actually seen the damage the mother did so willfully.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings