Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Actor And Actresses Who Painted

TomJH

Nehemiah Persoff's death was a reminder of an actor who took up painting in his retirement

Nehemiah Persoff paintings  Gallery — Nehemiah Persoff Paintings

Gallery — Nehemiah Persoff Paintings

I can think of two other actors who painted, both of them skillful.

Henry Fonda

Henry Fonda paintings  Henry Fonda | 16 Artworks at Auction | MutualArt  Artwork by Henry Fonda, No Trespassing, Made of lithograph on arches

KIm Novak

1950's Hollywood actress Kim Novak exhibits her paintings in Prague | Radio  Prague International  I had to leave Hollywood to save myself': Kim Novak on art, bipolar,  Hitchcock and happiness | Movies | The Guardian

Kim Novak explains why she left Hollywood: 'I felt like I was losing  myself' | Fox News  Kim NovaK ⋆ Artist

Would anyone know of any other actors who painted?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Mr. Gorman said:

Yes, JIM CARREY has been busy painting for a while now. 

How much talent he has in regards to his painting I do not know . . . but he *IS* doing quite a bit of painting.  He said so in a recent interview. 

Jim Carrey Spent the Last Six Years Painting. Now, See What the  Actor-Turned-Artist Has Created. | Artnet News  Jim Carrey, No Vacancy (2017). © Jim Carrey.  Jim Carrey, Eva (2016). © Jim Carrey, 2017.

3 hours ago, Mr. Gorman said:

Actor/Director RICHARD WHORF (1906-1966) was also a painter, too. 

Thanks for this news, Mr. Gorman. To me Whorf's work is really impressive. He had a brother, John, also an artist.

Richard Whorf Paintings & Artwork for Sale | Richard Whorf Art Value Price  Guide  Richard Whorf - Biography

Richard Whorf Paintings & Artwork for Sale | Richard Whorf Art Value Price  Guide  Richard Whorf Paintings & Artwork for Sale | Richard Whorf Art Value Price  Guide

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

During his retirement James Cagney took up painting, often socializing with painters in the process. He considered himself an amateur, only selling one canvas during his lifetime, apparently (to Johnny Carson).

Megan McGurk on Twitter: "Can't shake 'The Victor', one of James Cagney's  oil paintings. https://t.co/RVSROgXzXN" / Twitter   Two sides of Jim- James Cagney's paintings. | James cagney, Jim james, Far  away

James Cagney painted this oil painting | James cagney, Celebrity artwork,  Celebrity art   Oil painting by James Cagney inscribed to Ronald Reagan | James cagney,  Painting, Yankee doodle dandy

• Like 3

Marilyn Monroe, the inspiration for Andy Warhol among hundreds of other artists, painted this delicate red rose in 1962, two months before her death. She had intended to give the water colour to John F. Kennedy but he never received it.

8d18a0d0890af50b2f869e3fc4c87c6c.jpg

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Sepiatone said:

Y'know;

The only Charles Bronson who was a painter I could find any work of was not the actor, but-----

That is why I posted no picture.  CHARLES BRONSON the actor did paint... in fact I have a 1960s press photo of him holding a self portrait.  Glad to amuse you. 

• Thanks 1

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings