Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Why is there no Saturday morning matinee this week ?

Technicolor33

• Technicolor33 changed the title to Why is there no Saturday morning matinee this week ?

TCM has not done a very good job of promoting the special programming this weekend.  Normally Dave Karger does the first weekend intro - today that would be for Ninotchka coming up at 1:15 pm ET.  He may give some background then.

It's probably just an attempt to do something fun and different.  There are films lined up that fall into the Noir Alley, Silent Sunday Nights, and TCM Imports categories, so fans of those series will still have something to watch.  The Bowery Boys and Buck Rogers, however, will have to wait until next weekend.

I'm all for something new and special. TCM has to have a lot of fresh ideas but I don't get the significance of this one. Especially over the entire weekend.  I'm not saying it's an otherwise bad idea I'm saying I'm confused by it. April in Paris maybe? If anyone knows please post.

Win a prize if you can figure out what the heck all of these French movies are all about (kidding). Looks like Sunday is gonna be more of the same. 

looking forward to Breathless and the 400 blows tomorrow. 

it’s not that I dislike foreign films. I’d just like to know what the heck is going on. That’s all.

14 hours ago, cmovieviewer said:

TCM has not done a very good job of promoting the special programming this weekend.  Normally Dave Karger does the first weekend intro - today that would be for Ninotchka coming up at 1:15 pm ET.  He may give some background then.

It's probably just an attempt to do something fun and different.  There are films lined up that fall into the Noir Alley, Silent Sunday Nights, and TCM Imports categories, so fans of those series will still have something to watch.  The Bowery Boys and Buck Rogers, however, will have to wait until next weekend.

I agree. Not a good job promoting. Out of nowhere a random two day marathon of movies having to do with France. 

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings