Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Discovery Takes Over Warner Brothers

lydecker

Dismay takes over Tiki Sue

Can't read the article without willingly giving access, sorry.  But I'm pretty disgusted by huge multi-corporations owning everything.  Big corporations focus far more on marketing data than just providing a quality product.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, TikiSoo said:

Dismay takes over Tiki Sue

Can't read the article without willingly giving access, sorry.  But I'm pretty disgusted by huge multi-corporations owning everything.  Big corporations focus far more on marketing data than just providing a quality product.

I hate paywalls!!!  Newspapers are stupid not to give potential readers access to at least a few stories.  You might actually subscribe if they gave you a sample of their wares.

The gist of the article is that AT&T really screwed up Warner Brothers and its subsidiaries by putting tech people (not movie or TV people) in charge of its various divisions.  The hope is that Discovery will at least attempt to return Warner Brothers to being a film/tv/media company.  David Zaslav, the new Chief Executive is all excited about moving into Jack Warner's old office, renovating Robert Evans' former home and has apparently reached out to former Hollywood execs like Sherry Lansing, Robert Iger and Alan Horn who actually ran Warner Brothers Pictures for 12 years.  The guy is making the right noises but who knows if he'll do the right things.  Now, if he would just bring back the old TCM logo (and get rid of the annoying music and graphics!)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, lydecker said:

The gist of the article is that AT&T really screwed up Warner Brothers and its subsidiaries by putting tech people (not movie or TV people) in charge of its various divisions.  The hope is that Discovery will at least attempt to return Warner Brothers to being a film/tv/media company.  David Zaslav, the new Chief Executive is all excited about moving into Jack Warner's old office, renovating Robert Evans' former home and has apparently reached out to former Hollywood execs like Sherry Lansing, Robert Iger and Alan Horn who actually ran Warner Brothers Pictures for 12 years.  The guy is making the right noises but who knows if he'll do the right things.  Now, if he would just bring back the old TCM logo (and get rid of the annoying music and graphics!)

Don't hold your breath.  They've put TCM in this division of the Warner Bros. Discovery U.S. Networks Group:  Kids, Young Adults and Classics.  They're in there with Cartoon Network, Boomerang, Adult Swim, and Cartoonito, along with the animation studios.

5 hours ago, txfilmfan said:

Don't hold your breath.  They've put TCM in this division of the Warner Bros. Discovery U.S. Networks Group:  Kids, Young Adults and Classics.  They're in there with Cartoon Network, Boomerang, Adult Swim, and Cartoonito, along with the animation studios.

Adult Swim??? There's actually a network named Adult Swim????

1 minute ago, lydecker said:

It's been around for over 20 years, I think. It's the "more adult" skewing late night Cartoon Network stuff. From what I've seen, it's mainly stoner comedy, by which I mean stuff to watch while high, and not necessarily stuff featuring drugs. Several of the shows have caught on with bigger audiences, and there's even a few feature film off-shoots from some of the shows.

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, lydecker said:

35 minutes ago, LawrenceA said:

It's been around for over 20 years, I think. It's the "more adult" skewing late night Cartoon Network stuff. From what I've seen, it's mainly stoner comedy, by which I mean stuff to watch while high, and not necessarily stuff featuring drugs. Several of the shows have caught on with bigger audiences, and there's even a few feature film off-shoots from some of the shows.

It's really just a programming block on the Cartoon Network,  just like Cartoonito.   The reason they're treated as separate networks is because Nielsen tracks them as such, owing to their vastly different target audiences.  Cartoonito targets preschool kids.

22 hours ago, lydecker said:

Now, if he would just bring back the old TCM logo (and get rid of the annoying music and graphics!)

OIC, this story is relevant because TCM ownership falls within the "package". I was blissfully unaware of who owns whom. Guess all that's needed is identifying the few biggest corporations....chances are the channel/studio belongs to one of them. America is ruled by corporations, why wouldn't entertainment media be included?

19 hours ago, txfilmfan said:

They've put TCM in this division of the Warner Bros. Discovery U.S. Networks Group:  Kids, Young Adults and Classics. 

Yup, senior citizens considered children....

14 hours ago, lydecker said:

Haha what a retro term....anyone? As a child my family belonged to a Country Club - Dad played the golf course, me & Mom would lounge the olympic size swimming pool. I'd spend HOURS splashing around, learning how to swan dive, braving the "high" diving board, etc. And then you'd hear the lifeguard announce, "Adult Swim" and all us kids had to get out of the pool for 30 minutes. 

When I saw that section of Cartoon Network, LOL as I hadn't heard the term in decades.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings