Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

What movie/show? A cheating farmer sitting on a wagon being weighed before selling

niblaretep

I flipped through the TV one day and saw this black and white (I believe) Western scene of a cheating farmer who decided to sit on his wagon of hay (or something) while it was being weighed. There were several people present and outraged at what he was doing, but the potential buyer was calm and even told his grandson to be patient and wait and see. After the wagon was weighed, the cheating farmer named his price and they both agreed. Immediately after, the buyer made some kind of comment regarding that his purchase included him as well. Outraged, humiliated and beaten at his own game, the farmer opted to give the hay for free instead of being subjected to either being owned or turned in to the officials. I believe after this occurred, everyone laughed and was amazed at what a slick and patient game the buyer played. Any guesses?

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings