Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

child antagonists/killers in horror films

Susan Hopkins

Going by the old portfolio head shots she posted on her Istagram, Alex Owens-Sarno (little Cora in 1997's Titanic) had the looks as a child to be play creepy children and become a horror icon. I.e.. she looked pretty and beautiful and innocent so it would have had a real impact if she had played a Leena Klammer or Samara Morgan type.

11017657_807264339349242_2086082602_n.jpg.13ba04365fd07c856200e52bf90ae474.jpg

Never was a fan of his (I was never crazy about the HOME ALONE flicks) but I do have to give kudos to Macaulay Culkin for attempting to spice up his versatility by playing the psychotic little boy in 1993's THE GOOD SON.

Then of course, you have the original bad seed, THE BAD SEED herself, Patty McCormack. What a little terror she played too.

• Like 1

BONITA GRANVILLE played a most wretched little snot in the '36 film THESE THREE.

As far as 'Horror' films go I remember a few with 'bad seeds' at the core of the story like RING OF DARKNESS (1979-Italian; filmed in '77), THE CHILD (1977-Very low budget!), THE PIT (1981), CATHY'S CURSE (1977-Canadian), SOMETHING EVIL (1972-Tvm)  and probably bunches more movies with 'bad seeds' that I cannot recall offhand. 

I'm still waiting for the Internet's Best Worst Movies cult to discover the true rabbit hole that is 1979's The Visitor:  Even if you think you know what this movie's about from the premise, you're still in for an unexplainable experience--Imagine an Italian knocked-off "Jodorowsky's 'The Omen'".     😳

However, Paige Connor as...well, to make things simpler, let's say the Damien character, proves that demonic Bad Seeds just don't work quite as well once the creepy kid learns to talk, and then you've basically got just a spoiled snot.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings