Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

HBO max classics curated by TCM

BrendaT57

An exception to the rule was made during the TCM 31 Days of Oscar theme in March, when TCM host introductions were included in a few Oscar-winning films that were shown on HBO Max.

Some of those films are still available for streaming on HBO Max, such as In the Heat of the Night, but it looks like the TCM introductions have been removed.

It would be nice if they would do some similar cross-over events in the future.

I don't care for the "hub". I wish just the TCM movies showed up in the first row by themselves There's so many cheesy HBO titles thrown in there that some programmer deemed "classic", like Tom Cruise's War Of The Worlds. C'mon.

I have to actually search trying to find some great TCM title I'd like to watch immediately, because TCM's broadcasting it at 2am. 

5 hours ago, cmovieviewer said:

An exception to the rule was made during the TCM 31 Days of Oscar theme in March, when TCM host introductions were included in a few Oscar-winning films that were shown on HBO Max.

Some of those films are still available for streaming on HBO Max, such as In the Heat of the Night, but it looks like the TCM introductions have been removed.

It would be nice if they would do some similar cross-over events in the future.

They also had introductions during the TCM Festival last year.  During 31 Days they had some retro introductions with RO.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, yanceycravat said:

They also had introductions during the TCM Festival last year.  During 31 Days they had some retro introductions with RO.

Yes, the 'virtual film festival' last year had a great deal of special programming on TCM and HBO Max.  Made me wish they could do that type of event every year.

6 hours ago, TikiSoo said:

I don't care for the "hub". I wish just the TCM movies showed up in the first row by themselves There's so many cheesy HBO titles thrown in there that some programmer deemed "classic", like Tom Cruise's War Of The Worlds. C'mon.

I have to actually search trying to find some great TCM title I'd like to watch immediately, because TCM's broadcasting it at 2am. 

I honestly think they put any film in that hub that was done in 2010 or earlier. There is nothing classic-era about a post-2000 film. And frankly, the 80s and 90s titles should be in their own little world too.

• Like 1

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings