Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Not available for streaming

vic12

Anyone else getting this.  It first happened several days ago.  Today it's Annie Get your Gun and Callaway Went Thataway.  When did this start?  Why aren't

we getting what we pay for?   I get tcm via you tube tv.  I get you tube tv thru  roku.  If anyone can shed some light, I'd be most appreciative.

On 4/13/2022 at 8:58 AM, vic12 said:

Anyone else getting this.  It first happened several days ago.  Today it's Annie Get your Gun and Callaway Went Thataway.  When did this start?  Why aren't

we getting what we pay for?   I get tcm via you tube tv.  I get you tube tv thru  roku.  If anyone can shed some light, I'd be most appreciative.

4 hours ago, TikiSoo said:

You can try streaming limited TCM titles through HBO MAX as well. 

4 hours ago, slaytonf said:

If you have satellite, or cable TV, there should be a TCM on demand feature.

If it's a film that truly is not authorized for streaming, then it won't be available on any on-demand service like HBO Max or a cable system's on-demand section.

YouTube TV, the OP's television provider,  also has TCM on-demand titles.

The issue is that because YouTube TV is considered a streaming service, if a title is not cleared for streaming, then YouTube TV will block it on behalf of TCM, even during the "live" broadcast transmission. 

In the case of Callaway Went Thataway, it appears that it was a glitch in YouTube TV's live carriage of TCM,  as it is available on demand on YouTubeTV.

In the case of Annie Get Your Gun, it appears that it is not cleared for streaming, as it's not on YouTubeTV VOD or on Watch TCM.  According to reelgood.com, it has a Streamability Score of 0/100.  Under the assumption that this film isn't cleared for streaming,  YouTube TV is required to block this title, even during live TCM broadcasts of it, because legally, YouTube TV is considered a streaming service, even when simply transmitting live television channels like TCM to its subscribers.  It's a case of the law not keeping pace with technology.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings