Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Liz Sheridan has died....

UMO1982

3 hours ago, Peebs said:

Coincidentally, the actress who played George's mother, Estelle Harris, died recently on April 2nd.  

Thanks for posting this because when I saw this thread I said to myself "why is this being posted now,,,,,   the mom from Seinfeld passed two weeks ago".

• Like 1

Again, sad to hear this news.  She was such a fascinating character.  A cabaret singer and girlfriend of James Dean in New York, I think.  I seem to remember her on Larry King one night talking about it all.  

And she was terrific as Raquel Ochmonek on ALF.  Just a natural talent with great comedic timing.

• Like 1

Sorry to hear this. I saw her in a production of Happy End (1977), a Kurt Weill musical which was Meryl Streep's last performance on Broadway.

I realized, in reading some of the obits, that I knew the woman who was Liz Sheridan's father's third wife. Her name was Margo. We were fairly good friends, though she was much older. I assume she had been much younger than her husband, Frank Sheridan. I don't know what happened to her. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I read her memoir, Dizzy and Jimmy, that recounts her love affair with James Dean while both were struggling actors in New York.   She appeared in 12 Broadway shows, including Happy Ending.  Both she and Estelle Harris died at age 93.

Rest in peace, rest in paradise, Liz Sheridan.

• Like 2

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings