Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Long Overdue Dept. - TCM needs to spotlight RICHARD FARSNWORTH one night

yanceycravat

Wonderful character actor Richard Farnsworth needs a night. Would be nice to bring attention to this long time character actor.

THE GREY FOX (1982) -  A wonderful quiet Western. * Golden Globe nominee for Best Actor in a Motion Picture.

THE STRAIGHT STORY (1999) - David Lynch directed film based on a true story. * Academy nominee for Best Actor in a Leading Role

COMES A HORSEMAN (1978) - Best Actor in a Supporting Role nominee. Awesome cast.

It's about time. Thoughts?

• Like 2

I don't believe I've seen much of Farnsworth's work as an actor but he certainly delivered a quiet, wonderfully understated performance as bandit Bill Miner in The Grey Fox. Our fellow poster Bogie worked on that film and had a few conversations with Farnsworth (who liked to go fishing) at the time.

1 hour ago, TomJH said:

I don't believe I've seen much of Farnsworth's work as an actor but he certainly delivered a quiet, wonderfully understated performance as bandit Bill Miner in The Grey Fox. Our fellow poster Bogie worked on that film and had a few conversations with Farnsworth (who liked to go fishing) at the time.

WOW!  I'm quite envious of that. THE GREY FOX is one of my favorites. I saw it during its first run. Always wished I could have met Farnsworth to tell him how much his performance meant to me.

1 hour ago, yanceycravat said:

WOW!  I'm quite envious of that. THE GREY FOX is one of my favorites. I saw it during its first run. Always wished I could have met Farnsworth to tell him how much his performance meant to me.

Bogie even appeared in The Grey Fox. He is one of the audience members watching The Great Train Robbery in the film.

• Like 1

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings