Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Ben’s Picks

David Guercio

I was thinking last night.  Remember when they had Robert Osbourne’s Picks every month or every once in a while and while he was away?  Ben Meinkawitz would show Robert Osbourne’s Picks?  Maybe Ben Meinkawitz could start having picks chosen by him and they could call it Ben’s Picks.  I think that would be really neat.

David, on the face of it that would be a fine idea but respectfully, as a long-time fan of the channel, I would love to see TCM do away with all hosts, although I realize this will never, ever happen.   If anything, I predict TPTB will bring more people on board for further specialized on-air categories/commentary.

This is why I cherish my mute button.

How a brand refresh is helping TCM's quest to keep classic film relevant |  EW.com

"Hello, I'm Ben Mankiewicz. Thanks for joining us tonight on TCM. And this evening on Ben's Picks I've selected Citizen Kane, a film my grandfather wrote, of which he once said "A rosebud, any other name would not smell as sweet."

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

DAVID GUERCIO,  nice idea.   I personally tend to have very different tastes than Mr. Mankiewicz, a matter of individual preference, but I'd like to have other, passionate and knowledgeable people give their picks.  Of the current crew, apart from the always interesting Eddie, I suspect that Dave Karger might be able to come up with a decent list.  I think he has potential.

I used to love when they would have smart, savvy people like director William Friedkin, and critic Molly Haskell,  discourse knowledgeably on their favorites....

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings