Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

25 April 1972: The Iceman Goeth

NoShear

"Dear World, I am leaving because I am bored."

Fifty years ago on this day George Sanders died. His legacy includes an infamous suicide note, a truncated description which was in keeping with his public persona as cool 'n' cultured while evading the sadness 'n' sickness which accompanied Sanders in his later years.

Those later years were not void of acting gigs, though, and George Sanders scored at least two Disney films and also iced one of the early Special Guest Villain roles on the BATMAN television show.

Mr.-Freeze-in-the-60s-Cropped.jpg?q=50&fit=crop&w=963&h=481&dpr=1.5

• Like 2

It really doesn't do any good to try deciphering the mind of a suicide. Since I can remember, it's been a sort of paradox.  Potential suicides have always been urged to reach out to someone for help, but if it WAS possible for any suicidal individual to reach out to anyone, there'd be far less suicides.  I think so anyway...

Sepiatone

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sepiatone said:

It really doesn't do any good to try deciphering the mind of a suicide. Since I can remember, it's been a sort of paradox.  Potential suicides have always been urged to reach out to someone for help, but if it WAS possible for any suicidal individual to reach out to anyone, there'd be far less suicides.  I think so anyway...

Sepiatone

Reaching out for help is the antithesis of the most common motivation for suicide. The person feels as if they are a burden on others and a waste of resources. 'Reaching out' is making themselves a burden on a new set of people and using their time and tools for a non-profitable project.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings