Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Movie line up...Opinion

Citizen

Dissappointed with your movie line up lately. There doesn't seem to be much order. Too many newer movies mixed in with the old. It seems you used to have a steadier flow of oldies. Also, Ben Mankiewicz, please keep your political opinions to yourself. Your comment about the anti-eagalitarian right (false) shows your attitude toward many of your viewers who turn to TCM for entertainment and to escape the politicisation of our world. 

1 hour ago, Mr. Gorman said:

I thought "egalitarian" was spelled the way I just did it; without the "a" after the opening "e". 

And so it goes . . .

No, I think the poster is an eagle rights activist, and is angered by Ben Mankiewicz' anti-eagle comments.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, JamesJazGuitar said:

I'm an anti-eagle activist.  I just hate them!

The Eagles (1976) - 9GAG

the-big-lebowski-the-dude-rubiks-cube.jp

"I hear ya, man. I hear ya!"

• Haha 2

On 4/30/2022 at 1:29 PM, Citizen said:

Dissappointed with your movie line up lately. There doesn't seem to be much order. Too many newer movies mixed in with the old. It seems you used to have a steadier flow of oldies. Also, Ben Mankiewicz, please keep your political opinions to yourself. Your comment about the anti-eagalitarian right (false) shows your attitude toward many of your viewers who turn to TCM for entertainment and to escape the politicisation of our world. 

TCM cannot show many movies for a variety of reasons.  Also they need to attract younger viewers to pay the bills and this leads to movies from 1970 to 2000 or so.  Those movies were made 20-50 years ago so they are "old."  Also it gives some of us an opportunity to see a good movie from that period that we missed.

For information go to these TCM sites:  watchtcm.com.  Not sure about actually accessing it because I did it through my cable connection.  Another site is:https://www.tcm.com/schedule/  which lists movies TCM is showing for weeks or maybe months ahead.  Descriptions are too brief, but does list major actors, date, etc.

However, if you really want some older movies, you may have to go the DVD route.  If so, there are several companies that sell DVD's of older movies.

Don't give up on TCM yet and welcome to the board.

• Like 1

Aw, come on.  Eagles haters on this forum!?  Fond memories of back when my friends and I used to cruise up and down Gratiot and Military in Port Huron listening to Top 40 tunes,  some of which used to be the "Eagles."   We were the Midwest proto-Spicoli head-banging dudes, 6 of us piled into my buddy's Gremlin.  (I can't tell my son this or it gives him nightmares!)

Please recant your anti-Eagles statements, or I'll just lose all faith in these forums!  I thought y'all had some class around here.  

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, brianNH said:

Aw, come on.  Eagles haters on this forum!?  Fond memories of back when my friends and I used to cruise up and down Gratiot and Military in Port Huron listening to Top 40 tunes,  some of which used to be the "Eagles."   We were the Midwest proto-Spicoli head-banging dudes, 6 of us piled into my buddy's Gremlin.  (I can't tell my son this or it gives him nightmares!)

Please recant your anti-Eagles statements, or I'll just lose all faith in these forums!  I thought y'all had some class around here.  

Let's all join in a chorus of "Lyin' Eyes."

• Haha 1

The Eagles  are a band  for everyday people, the John and Jane LGBTQ. Publics of the world, not for nose in the air,  long-haired, elitist music snobs.

They're sort of  like  an American version of the Beatles, though  not quite as good. 😊

• Like 1

1 hour ago, brianNH said:

They were every chick's favorite "rock" band, before Journey.

They were okay. And I do enjoy the guitar work in Hotel California. Thank you, Joe Walsh!

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Vautrin said:

They're sort of  like  an American version of the Beatles, though  not quite as good.

You're either paying the Eagles a very big compliment, of the Beatles an unjustified affront.

1 hour ago, slaytonf said:

You're either paying the Eagles a very big compliment, of the Beatles an unjustified affront.

Not meant as either a compliment or an affront, just that there are a number of similarities. Both wrote their own material, both had  a

talent for pop songs,  both sold large numbers of singles and albums, and if one discounts  all the various Eagles' reunions over the years,

they were both active for about  the same number of years. 

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings