Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Yvette Mimieux: May 4/5, 5 movies.

ElCid

Tribute begins at 8 PM on the 4th with Light in the Piazza, Where the Boys Are at 10 followed by Dark of the Sun, The Time Machine and Toys in the Attic.  Last three actually on early Thursday morning, the 5th.

I like Where the Boys Are and Dark of the Sun best.    I saw Boys when I was in college and then read the book by Glendon Swarthout.  Good book, but far more serious than the movie.  Although the movie does present some serious issues for the time.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, ElCid said:

Tribute begins at 8 PM on the 4th with Light in the Piazza, Where the Boys Are at 10 followed by Dark of the Sun, The Time Machine and Toys in the Attic.  Last three actually on early Thursday morning, the 5th.

I like Where the Boys Are and Dark of the Sun best.    I saw Boys when I was in college and then read the book by Glendon Swarthout.  Good book, but far more serious than the movie.  Although the movie does present some serious issues for the time.

Thank You.

Out of that lineup, am Definitely inclined toward Dark Of the Sun most. Underrated, in my opinion.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Aritosthenes said:

Thank You.

Out of that lineup, am Definitely inclined toward Dark Of the Sun most. Underrated, in my opinion.

I agree and usually watch it fairly often.  Recorded it a few years back since I watched it so often.

• Like 1

I'll guess it was for one of 2 reasons:  

Reason #1 possibility:  That's the version TCM was given and that was that. 

Reason #2 possibility:  TCM did not want to pay more to get a W/S version.  It's like when TCM would air the washed-out color 'Public Domain' print of FRENCHMAN'S CREEK (1944) because the cost was nil; FRENCHMAN'S CREEK has been restored to its proper color for its digital releases . . . but that would cost a lot more than a free PD print! 

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings