Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Along the Great Divide 1951

Moorman

I watched this Raoul Walsh Western on TCM.   Anything with Walter Brennan gets me interested.  The plot is simple.  Brennan is rescued from a vigilante posse intent on taking justice into their on hands.  The Marshall, Kirk Douglas, and his deputies arrive on scene to rescue him.  Their mission is to take him across the desert to be tried by law.  Of course, the posse backs off but doesn't give up the chase.  The standout for me are the gorgeous filming locations.  The plot was very contrived in spots.  I felt its the major weakness of the film.  Brennan and Douglas were ok here, both playing to their normal casting.  Nothing special. Other than that, its worth a watch.  6 out of 10.

12 hours ago, Moorman said:

I watched this Raoul Walsh Western on TCM.   Anything with Walter Brennan gets me interested.  The plot is simple.  Brennan is rescued from a vigilante posse intent on taking justice into their on hands.  The Marshall, Kirk Douglas, and his deputies arrive on scene to rescue him.  Their mission is to take him across the desert to be tried by law.  Of course, the posse backs off but doesn't give up the chase.  The standout for me are the gorgeous filming locations.  The plot was very contrived in spots.  I felt its the major weakness of the film.  Brennan and Douglas were ok here, both playing to their normal casting.  Nothing special. Other than that, its worth a watch.  6 out of 10.

I reviewed this one recently on the Neglected Films thread. I rather enjoyed it. Though I think I read somewhere that Kirk Douglas didn't have fond memories about making it. Walter Brennan is the best thing in the movie.

• Thanks 1

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings