Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

WatchTCM on AppleTV error message ‘unsupported provider’

Goybabe

Suddenly, starting last night, when we try to stream a movie on TCM, using Xfinity, it just says "Unsupported Provider" and dumps us. What are we supposed to do? We've tried redownloading the software. No help. 

After years of using the WatchTCM app on AppleTV we suddenly can’t get movies to play.  We subscribe to TCM through Xfinity and are accustomed to having to log in with that account about once a week to reauthorize access. But now all we get an error message, ‘unsupported provider’ with Okay as the only choice. We deleted the app and reinstalled, but nothing works. What’s up?

Guest TCMModerator1
12 hours ago, Goybabe said:

After years of using the WatchTCM app on AppleTV we suddenly can’t get movies to play.  We subscribe to TCM through Xfinity and are accustomed to having to log in with that account about once a week to reauthorize access. But now all we get an error message, ‘unsupported provider’ with Okay as the only choice. We deleted the app and reinstalled, but nothing works. What’s up?

Hello Goybabe

While we do not provide support here on the TCM Forums, a good place to start  might be: https://tcmdigitalhelp.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360038727234-On-which-Devices-is-Watch-TCM-available-

There is a 'Contact Us' link on that page you can use to email Support if the issue does not resolve on its own. You also might want to contact your provider. 

Hope this helps! 

Same problem for me as well.  It works on the iPhone but not on the App on AppleTV.   This is after I finally was able to get the app to launch after installing a Beta build of tvOS, 15.5.  What a mess.

Had exact same problem that started at around same time with Xfinity subscription and TCM app, but on my IPhone. I went to settings, TCM app, and slid “TV Provider” to off. Went back and reopened TCM app and the next time I started a movie instead of that error message it asked me to manually log back into Xfinity. Worked. Not sure if that will work on Apple TV.

• Like 1

Many thanks Sav Trace!!! Your slide TV Provider tab to off and sign in manually worked like a charm. My troubleshooting request to the WatchTCM app developer has gone unanswered for almost three weeks now. 

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings