Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

How to search for Kino Lorber titles without using KL's website

Here's a tip for finding KL Studio Classic releases without having to rummage through KL's clunky website.

Go to Deep Discount's site. Search for a title you know that KL has - Kiss Before the Mirror for example. Now click and go to that item. Look for the Distributor/Studio. In this particular case it is "KL Studio Classics". Click on the Distributor/Studio. You will now see everything Kino Lorber has for sale under its Studio Classics banner. Items are initially sorted by "Best Match". There are several options for sorting available. Sort by "Available Date Newest" and you should see preorders first. Look down the left hand side of the page. Towards the bottom you will see a heading called "Decades". You can filter on the decade of release you are interested in. I am interested in older films, so I find this helpful.

Note that if you filter on "Decades" that the other filter will switch back to "Best Match". You will need to click on "Available Date Newest" again to get that view, but you will retain the Decades filter.

Deep Discount isn't a great place for deals anymore, but their search engine for DVD/Blu/4K releases is better than any other site's IMHO, plus the Deep Discount site will have the date of release.  I hope that this is helpful.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, LsDoorMat said:

Here's a tip for finding KL Studio Classic releases without having to rummage through KL's clunky website.

Go to Deep Discount's site. Search for a title you know that KL has - Kiss Before the Mirror for example. Now click and go to that item. Look for the Distributor/Studio. In this particular case it is "KL Studio Classics". Click on the Distributor/Studio. You will now see everything Kino Lorber has for sale under its Studio Classics banner. Items are initially sorted by "Best Match". There are several options for sorting available. Sort by "Available Date Newest" and you should see preorders first. Look down the left hand side of the page. Towards the bottom you will see a heading called "Decades". You can filter on the decade of release you are interested in. I am interested in older films, so I find this helpful.

Note that if you filter on "Decades" that the other filter will switch back to "Best Match". You will need to click on "Available Date Newest" again to get that view, but you will retain the Decades filter.

Deep Discount isn't a great place for deals anymore, but their search engine for DVD/Blu/4K releases is better than any other site's IMHO, plus the Deep Discount site will have the date of release.  I hope that this is helpful.

Oddly enough, I just visited the KL site a couple of days ago for the very first time and was greatly disappointed in how poorly it was put together. So thanks for this information!

On 5/9/2022 at 5:36 AM, LsDoorMat said:

You must also participate in the physical media subs on Reddit.  I literally just read this exact same post, word for word.

I'm u/kayla622 on Reddit.

I have two preorders on Kino that I'm waiting for.  I preordered the Film Noir box sets VII and VIII.  Both orders have extra titles added in so I could get to the $50 threshold to get free shipping.

I agree that their website is cumbersome to sift through.  Every time I try to search for a specific performer, it always redirects me to the Kino Now website.