Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Thoughts of the TCM Messge Board Members on a Spinal Tap Sequel?

sewhite2000

Why not?

Reiner says that the story will revolve around the band reuniting after the death of their manager Ian Faith (the late Tony Hendra). However, Faith’s widow “inherited a contract that said Spinal Tap owed them one more concert.” So the boys have to play one more concert, or they’ll be sued for a breach of contract. “All these years and a lot of bad blood we’ll get into, and they’re thrown back together and forced to deal with each other and play this concert,” Reiner explains.

In the past 7 months I've seen a Stones Concert and a Who concert. Paul McCartney and Robert Plant are still at it. Ancient British rockers are still with us, celebrating 60 years in the business. Spinal Tap should, too, and I wouldn't be surprised if Mick shows up in it. 

• Haha 2

On 5/13/2022 at 10:37 AM, LuckyDan said:

In the past 7 months I've seen a Stones Concert and a Who concert. Paul McCartney and Robert Plant are still at it. Ancient British rockers are still with us, celebrating 60 years in the business. Spinal Tap should, too, and I wouldn't be surprised if Mick shows up in it. 

image.jpg

Seriously, those guys are talented. I enjoyed the first one.

I like that they waited until they had a compelling story to tell in a sequel. Instead of just trotting one out soon after the first one.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

There's still a lot of comedy to mine here.   I picture them like in GGGerald's cartoon, using a walker to get on stage.   I hope Nigel has since been Knighted Sir Nigel, not only for getting old but his innovation in amplifiers.  👍

Spinal_Tap_2.jpg

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings