Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
TriciaNY

Not able to suggest a movie and being ignored by Admin? I am!

You are not able to post TCM's Suggest A Movie because your email is not confirmed or your profile has been banned. To request a confirmation email, go to profile.

If you believe your email has been properly confirmed and you have reached this message in error, please direct all inquiries to customer support.

I posted in the tech board and emailed..what more does it take to get a reply or a fix? I am confirmed for 3 years already.

Tricia - well, I just tried this morning and it isn't working for me now. Oh well........I'm not anxious to go through any hoops to report it - Admin is well aware of it. I just wonder when it will be fixed for good.

Me, too! After suggesting movies for ages, and always playing by the rules, I'm now banned from Suggest A Movie. To complain, you have to jump through about a dozen hoops, and then I still don't get a reply! What's up with that? Cheers~~ filmnoirguy.

can anyone smarter than i explain how to simply get to the suggest a movie, and enter a choice? my info keeps bouncing back. maybe they know i'd like to see more w c fields than the small recent offering. thanks

On the Tool Bar at the top of the page there is Fan Community. Go over it with your mouse and Suggest A Movie is in there. Click on it and then you should be able to suggest your movie.

If you have any further issues, let me know.

Thanks!

-Renee

ME TOO, I AM BARRED FROM SUGGESTING A MOVIE FOR THE LAST SEVERAL MONTHS, I HAVE CONTACTED TCM, AND I HAVE BEEN A GOOD STANDING MEMBER FOR ALMOST 5 YEARS, WHAT IS HAPPENING,........HELP

There was a glitch a while back and was fixed. Are you still unable to post in the Suggest A Movie area now? Please try again and tell me what errors you are receiving.

And btw, when you type in ALL CAPS, that in computer language, is actually yelling at someone. Just thought you might like to know. :)

Thanks!

-Renee

Yes, all caps in conversation text is like yelling but not in titles... It is customary to cap titles or at least first letter of each word that has three letters or more and also to include the date in parentheses is.. At least this was standard etiquette before computer programmers began writing rules .

I only respond to this because when I "Suggest A Movie" I use all caps and the date of the movie in the movie que... Not in the comments or "why" que... Don't want you to ignore my requests (I don't think you do as you have aired many movies and most have been TCM premieres)..

Thanks for all your good work providing classic films and information/trivia via your hosts and guest hosts and documentaries and short film subjects...

Breezyrobin

P.S., I figured out how to get the site to allow me to suggest a movie.. I go to profile and log in once and then it opens the correct suggest a movie ques ...

Glad to here you can Suggest A Movie now! That's great!

If you need any other assistance, don't hesitate to ask. ;)

-Renee

hi, sorry it took me so long to reply to you, but i will now try to suggest a movie, and i will let you know if there is any problem, thank you,

I am still not able to suggest a movie either. There is nothing showing to write on to suggest anything. Sorry I put this in the wrong thread before. People just don't have time to fiddle around for hours on end updating settings that do not work no matter what. Please get this corrected. Thank you. If you need to shut down the forums for a few days to clear up monumental problem after monumental problem with these boards please do so. Just get the matters resolved once and for all.

I had the same problem, and I came up with the solution on my own, since I got NO HELP from TCM. When you first come into the website, log out, and then log back in. You will then be able to suggest a movie. Incredibly user UNfriendly!!!!!