Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Francis Albert Sinatra

> OMG!!!!! THAT line KILLED ME! Just killer!! Dang, you're quick!!!

>

She's a kitten with a whip! :D

> "The Sins of Rachel Cade"??? I WANT ME SOME ERROL JOHN!! (...And Roger Moore).

You never saw it? I think you might like it, with a huge suspension of disbelief, which I know you're good at. It's an indispensable quality for us classic movie watchers. Anyway, I really go for Peter Finch. Once again, gravitating to the guy who doesn't get the girl. :D

"She's a kitten with a whip!" :D

Really? Let me ask her. Virna...HEY VIRNA...do you look like Ann-Margret?

"You never saw it? I think you might like it, with a huge suspension of disbelief, which I know you're good at. It's an indispensable quality for us classic movie watchers. Anyway, I really go for Peter Finch. Once again, gravitating to the guy who doesn't get the girl." :D

I've seen some of it many many years ago. Angie, right? I suspend my disbelief at the drop of a hat for the classics. Peter not getting the girl. Yeah. I really enjoyed him "NETWORK." He didn't get the girl in that one either.

> I've seen some of it many many years ago. Angie, right? I suspend my disbelief at the drop of a hat for the classics. Peter not getting the girl. Yeah. I really enjoyed him "NETWORK." He didn't get the girl in that one either.

Or in *The Cool of the Day* or in *The Nun's Story* but he did get Elizabeth in *Elephant Walk,* though I kind of liked Dana Andrews' character better.

Ha ha! You guys are a riot!

No kitten with a whip here, but I'm probably closer to Ann than Virna! At least Ann is an attainable goal, a real live girl.

I don't mind Andrew ogling the ladies, as long as they are in movies! He seems to think he shouldn't, so he covers up by making ridiculous statements guaranteed to flatter - only they make me laugh instead. :D

I unfortunately saw *The Pumpkin Eater* first in Peter Finch's movie career - and I don't like Peter Finch at all because of it! Ugh! Obviously he is a good actor, because I totally despised him for a long time. I wish the end of The Pumpkin Eater had Anne Bancroft walking out the door into the sunshine and away - like Pat Neal in *Psyche 59*.

But I do love the guys who don't get the girl.... almost without fail, I find them more attractive than the leading man, if they are written well. Of course, that's if the leading man ISN'T Clark Gable or Cary Grant or Dana Andrews.

Miss G. was on fire yesterday with her comebacks. I couldn't compete so I wimped out. So you think Ann-Margret is more attainable, ey? I think Andrew's cover-ups are cute; he gives himself away. At least he doesn't say you look like Marjorie Main. < Yikes! > (I know, I get that a lot). But

if he has to ogle surreptitiously...I think you've got him well-trained.

Me...I'm not so crazy about the guys that don't get the girls. I usually am not attracted to those guys in real/reel life. (Though my heart bled for Ernest Borgnine in "MARTY"). My sympathies usually go to those girls who don't get the guy. (I know, I get that a lot). Celeste Holm or Eve Arden or Gail Patrick or Gale Sondergaard, gals of that ilk; tall and arch and smarter than the average guy. That says more about the guys than it does about those actresses, no? I feel for them. Gable, Cary or Dana...three dream boats right there all in a row. Who would stand a chance? I just watched Dana in "My Foolish Heart" yesterday morning. Maybe a tad long in the tooth for that role, but he was such a roguish guy. I love his smile and dimpled chin and his gravelly baritone. I'm wondering if he couldn't have done more (well-written) comedies...and gotten the girl.

• 3 weeks later...

So I am not the only one who loves Anchors Aweigh? I am glad I am not alone.

It's actually my favorite of the 3 Kelly/Sinatra films. It might be somewhat of a guilty pleasure but I just find it so darn sweet.

The love story between Clarence and the girl from Brooklyn gets me every time and is my favorite part of the movie (well that and Sinatra's crooning).

I don't know there is just something about a shy awkward Sinatra that amuses me (in a good way) greatly. :)