Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Focus Appears to Be on Material Taken From White House

Former President Trump said the F.B.I. had searched Mar-a-Lago, his private club and residence in Palm Beach, Fla., and had broken open a safe.
The search seemed to be focused on material, including classified documents, that Mr. Trump brought with him after he left the White House. Follow updates. NYT

• Thanks 2

26 minutes ago, Princess of Tap said:

The FBI executed a search warrant on Mar-A-Lago about an hour ago. Trump says they've broken into his safe.

What do you think they're looking for?

They're looking for the secret recipe for the world's best egg salad, which was stolen from the Grand Exalted High Macher of Raspur ("a non-existent but real-sounding country. We're on the waiting list. As soon as there's an opening on the map, we're next.")

hqdefault.jpg

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Princess of Tap said:

The FBI executed a search warrant on Mar-A-Lago about an hour ago. Trump says they've broken into his safe.

What do you think they're looking for?

The same thing Geraldo Rivera was seeking?

• Haha 1

Right-wing politicians and talking heads are all over social media right now calling for the defunding of the FBI. 

Along with MTG, Lauren Boebert, Marco Rubio, and dozens of right-wing media figures, there's this gem:

FZrh3jHXEAA7H3w?format=jpg&name=900x900

• Haha 4

Well I did advise that the DOJ charge Hunter Biden before moving against Trump.     It wouldn't have stop the nonsense from most of the Trump loving Republicans but it would have provided better messaging to independents and non-MAGA Republicans.

1 minute ago, JamesJazGuitar said:

Well I did advise that the DOJ charge Hunter Biden before moving against Trump.     It wouldn't have stop the nonsense from most of the Trump loving Republicans but it would have provided better messaging to independents and non-MAGA Republicans.

Except Hunter Biden was never president and his alleged crimes are still peanuts to what Trump did in office.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Sukhov said:

Except Hunter Biden was never president and his alleged crimes are still peanuts to what Trump did in office.

Yeah, there is zero equivalency, but thanks to idiotic media "both sides" BS, it will always be brought up.

• Like 1

Just now, Sukhov said:

I don't really understand the "except" point you're making here.      All I posted was that charging Hunter Biden for tax fraud before going after Trump, would have provided better messaging to independents and non-MAGA Republicans.     Of course so called "better messaging" isn't required but I believe it would have been useful in showing that the DOJ is non-political.  

Anyhow,  that ship has sailed.    

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, LawrenceA said:

Yeah, there is zero equivalency, but thanks to idiotic media "both sides" BS, it will always be brought up.

I don't see how the concept of equivalency even applies  here;    My point was only that the DOJ is accused of being political for going after Trump and not Hunter Biden.

It is highly likely Hunter Biden did commit tax fraud.     Thus for the optics,  the DOJ would appear less political to independents and non-MAGA Republicans if Hunter Biden was charged before this raid.     If that had occurred it would have taken some of the wind out of the idiotic media "both sides" BS that you're referring too.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, JamesJazGuitar said:

I don't see how the concept of equivalency even applies  here;    My point was only that the DOJ is accused of being political for going after Trump and not Hunter Biden.

It is highly likely Hunter Biden did commit tax fraud.     Thus for the optics,  the DOJ would appear less political to independents and non-MAGA Republicans if Hunter Biden was charged before this raid.     If that had occurred it would have taken some of the wind out of the idiotic media "both sides" BS that you're referring too.

My response to Sukhov was more about people like Marysara, who bring up Hunter and his laptop at every possible opportunity, as if it in some way negates anything bad ever done by anyone else ever. It's lazy and dumb, but it's what the media often does, especially Fox News, when anything even vaguely critical about any right-leaning figure comes up. 

But, yeah, the independents and non-MAGA that you frequently mention need their "optics" to not vote for these scumbags, I guess? I think if the current administration can continue to show that they're actually doing something about holding the Trump administration accountable, then they will motivate a lot more of those people who frequently stay home to show up and vote for a change. I would be much happier getting their votes than trying to woo the sort of people who see what's visible to everyone else and yet still remain on the fence. 

• Like 1

Just now, LawrenceA said:

But, yeah, the independents and non-MAGA that you frequently mention need their "optics" to not vote for these scumbags, I guess?

Any "optics"  that help reduce the major divide between Dems and Republicans is helpful IMO.    It isn't about voting for these scumbags but getting people back to having respect for our institutions and various government agencies.      

If your point is that it is too-late for that,,,,, sadly you could be right. 

• Haha 1