Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

US Navy movie short film title

Hello - Today, August 12, 2022, I was watching the end of the movie "Three Sailors and a Girl" with Jane Powell and after that a short filler was played before the next film.  Before I realized it, it was a film short on the US Navy and the Navy pilots and their training.  This brought tears to my eyes because this was my Dad in WWII. He joined the Navy in 1942 and was trained in Pensacola, Fla before being sent to San Diego and then onto the Pacific Theatre. I was wondering if anyone knows the title of this film short.  I would love to be able to track it down so I can show it to my family.  They would love it.  Any information would be greatly appreciated.  This film was produced by MGM - year, not sure but I recognized the planes being flown - by-planes and Catalinas, to name some of them.

Thank you in advance!!

Donna Hesson

1 hour ago, ddhesson said:

Hello - Today, August 12, 2022, I was watching the end of the movie "Three Sailors and a Girl" with Jane Powell and after that a short filler was played before the next film.  Before I realized it, it was a film short on the US Navy and the Navy pilots and their training.  This brought tears to my eyes because this was my Dad in WWII. He joined the Navy in 1942 and was trained in Pensacola, Fla before being sent to San Diego and then onto the Pacific Theatre. I was wondering if anyone knows the title of this film short.  I would love to be able to track it down so I can show it to my family.  They would love it.  Any information would be greatly appreciated.  This film was produced by MGM - year, not sure but I recognized the planes being flown - by-planes and Catalinas, to name some of them.

Thank you in advance!!

Donna Hesson

Could it be Eyes of the Navy (1940)? It's MGM, and it's about Navy pilot training, but it's two years earlier than what you posted about.