Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

FBI finds little evidence U.S. Capitol attack was coordinated

FBI finds little evidence U.S. Capitol attack was coordinated

The FBI has found scant evidence that the Jan. 6 attack on the U.S. Capitol was the result of an organized plot to overturn the presidential election result, according to four current and former law enforcement officials.

Though federal officials have arrested more than 570 alleged participants, the FBI at this point believes the violence was not centrally coordinated by far-right groups or prominent supporters of then-President Donald Trump, according to the sources, who have been either directly involved in or briefed regularly on the wide-ranging investigations.

"Ninety to ninety-five percent of these are one-off cases," said a former senior law enforcement official with knowledge of the investigation. "Then you have five percent, maybe, of these militia groups that were more closely organized. But there was no grand scheme with Roger Stone and Alex Jones and all of these people to storm the Capitol and take hostages."

Democrats have been lying about Jan. 6th and claiming it was a coordinated assault when  it was the democrats who failed to bring in security like Trump asked them to.

Both things you say are not true at all.  And I would be wasting my Sunday to go over why for the millionth time.  It isn't going to change the **** that you write one bit.

• Like 1

cnn anchors were calling it an insurrection WHILE IT WAS ACTUALLY HAPPENING.  it has always been an imaginary wishful thought by democrats. here is an example. they say that because Trump was enjoying watching it on TV that is somehow proof that he orchestrated it. does everyone who watched nancy pelosi tear up Trump's SOTU speech on live TV mean they approved of what she did? no, of course not. all it means is that alotta people saw her do something completely stupid on live TV.

:D

Like Bogie, I am probably wasting my time, but please watch the January 6th hearings. They are on youtube. This is only one of them. These are largely members of Trump's White House staff who are giving the damning testimony. 

1 hour ago, Bogie56 said:

Both things you say are not true at all.  And I would be wasting my Sunday to go over why for the millionth time.  It isn't going to change the **** that you write one bit.

Bogie,, the fact that at the end of his OP he uses "too"  instead of "to" proves the kind of mind you're dealing with here.  ;) 

Sepiatone

1 hour ago, hamradio said:

As usual MM didn't link the LONG story or anyone tried to find it independently.

Exclusive: FBI finds scant evidence U.S. Capitol attack was coordinated - sources

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/exclusive-fbi-finds-scant-evidence-us-capitol-attack-was-coordinated-sources-2021-08-20/

So MM is bringing up an article that was written almost a year ago?     8\20\2021,  right?

Anyhow I see the continued BS from both sides here;   both don't know what evidence the DOJ has (via FBI investigations);  The evidence will come out with the trials of the Proud-Boy,  Oath Keepers and random others,   as  part of the most serious alleged crimes:  Seditious Conspiracy and Other Offenses Related to U.S. Capitol Breach.

12 minutes ago, MovieMadness said:

Democrats believe the FBI when it comes to documents for the Archives, but don't believe the FBi when it comes to Jan 6th. I thought so.

Again,  that article was one year old.     Do you know for a fact the FBI has no evidence on those being charged by the DOJ with sedition?

NO YOU DON'T!!   (and either do the Dems that claim the FBI does the evidence).

But the DOJ is moving ahead with criminals cases on the Proud Boys and Oath Keepers.    I don't think the DOJ would charge them without evidence to prove guilt beyond a reasonable doubt.

PS:  what some WH staffers said at the Jan 6th hearing is NOT evidence.   It is just hearsay.     

2 hours ago, NipkowDisc said:

cnn anchors were calling it an insurrection WHILE IT WAS ACTUALLY HAPPENING.  it has always been an imaginary wishful thought by democrats. here is an example. they say that because Trump was enjoying watching it on TV that is somehow proof that he orchestrated it. does everyone who watched nancy pelosi tear up Trump's SOTU speech on live TV mean they approved of what she did? no, of course not. all it means is that alotta people saw her do something completely stupid on live TV.

:D

The point behind Drump watching TV was less that he "orchestrated" anything and much more that he was DOING NOTHING to try and stop it. That was the point. Leaving aside for a moment the crucial point that the article is a year old (the DOJ wouldn't even touch it, it being STALE news.), the fact is that he INCITED it, which is a crime. The words "coordinated" and "orchestrated" are red herrings. The FBI was merely signaling the point that there was no deep-rooted, meticulously planned, initiated by bona fide "professional" revolutionaries. That was clear that very day that these uncoordinated madmen left relatively quietly when finally summoned to do so.

WHAT WAS ACTUALLY HAPPENING was the breach of the Capitol. There was every reason to think "insurrection."

People who live in glass houses ... (you know). To be a Trumpie and then charge the other side with "doing something on live TV" is a howl.

I don't think Trump as ever facing any real legal repercussions for any involvement he had in Jan. 6. The case for incitement could be made, but I don't think a conviction would result. However, the real trouble lay in his attempts to have the election overturned in various states, and the direct efforts he put into those plans. That's where the "smoke" is for Trump.

Of course, he seems to have much worse trouble now. But this being America, I still doubt he'll face any actual jailtime or anything worse. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, LawrenceA said:

I don't think Trump as ever facing any real legal repercussions for any involvement he had in Jan. 6. The case for incitement could be made, but I don't think a conviction would result. However, the real trouble lay in his attempts to have the election overturned in various states, and the direct efforts he put into those plans. That's where the "smoke" is for Trump.

Of course, he seems to have much worse trouble now. But this being America, I still doubt he'll face any actual jailtime or anything worse. 

The fake electors is the stronger case against Trump as it relates to the 2020 election.    But he could escape from that unless a few of his minions turn on him since he no longer has the power to pardon them.