Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Question for Topbilled about Hammer's 1958 Dracula

I figured you're the most knowledgeable person around here to ask this. at the film's conclusion when Van Helsing exposes the count to the sunlight we see this design on the floor which I have long been curious about. what is that? the signs of the zodiac or some occult-related design?

also earlier in the film when Harker is eating the meal Dracula left out for him. there is a coat of arms above the fireplace. the last word is Fidelis. what does that whole thing mean?

if you know.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, NipkowDisc said:

I figured you're the most knowledgeable person around here to ask this. at the film's conclusion when Van Helsing exposes the count to the sunlight we see this design on the floor which I have long been curious about. what is that? the signs of the zodiac or some occult-related design?

also earlier in the film when Harker is eating the meal Dracula left out for him. there is a coat of arms above the fireplace. the last word is Fidelis. what does that whole thing mean?

if you know.

Fidelis Et Mortem = Faithful Unto Death

1 hour ago, NipkowDisc said:

if you know.

NipkowDisc,

The floor design (courtesy of Production Designer Extraordinaire Bernard Robinson) indeed seems to be the signs of the Zodiac:

Horror-Of-Dracula-47.png&ehk=8X3kBf9e4kt