Jump to content
 
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Walt Disney’s The Shaggy D.A.


Recommended Posts


Of course the original Walt Disney’s The Shaggy Dog has been on here and I think Lenoared Malton also showed it during Treasures From The Disney Vault.  But did he also show the sequel to it during it?  Walt Disney’s The Shaggy D.A.?  I think so.  But I can’t remember.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/15/2022 at 4:01 PM, David Guercio said:

I think Lenoared Malton also showed it

David, I know you've been on the receiving end of some playful mockery here over your idiosyncratic spelling of the name "Leonard."  But, in your defense, I can't help noticing that the English pronunciation (LEH-nerd) is itself not particularly logical or intuitive.  And this is probably what's causing you to mistakenly start with "Len-" instead of "Leo-."

One trick for remembering the correct spelling is to think of the name "Leonardo" (as in Leonardo da Vinci), from which it's derived, and just drop the final "o":

Leonardo - "o" = Leonard

(P. S. : Maltin, not Malton)

🙂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/15/2022 at 4:01 PM, David Guercio said:


Of course the original Walt Disney’s The Shaggy Dog has been on here and I think Lenoared Malton also showed it during Treasures From The Disney Vault.  But did he also show the sequel to it during it?  Walt Disney’s The Shaggy D.A.?  I think so.  But I can’t remember.

Since a search on the TCM site shows no results for The Shaggy D.A. , I think it's a safe bet that they've never shown it.

 

As for all this spelling business...who cares?   Sounds like we'll all be required to verify that we're sitting up straight and not chewing gum while we're on the site 😏

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Fausterlitz said:

David, I know you've been on the receiving end of some playful mockery here over your idiosyncratic spelling of the name "Leonard."  But, in your defense, I can't help noticing that the English pronunciation (LEH-nerd) is itself not particularly logical or intuitive.  And this is probably what's causing you to mistakenly start with "Len-" instead of "Leo-."

One trick for remembering the correct spelling is to think of the name "Leonardo" (as in Leonardo da Vinci), from which it's derived, and just drop the final "o":

Leonardo - "o" = Leonard

(P. S. : Maltin, not Malton)

🙂

Did you bring Leonardo da Vinci into this thread because the screenplays for The Shaggy Dog and sequel, The Shaggy DA,  where based on the novel The Hound of Florence?

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, JamesJazGuitar said:

Did you bring Leonardo da Vinci into this thread because the screenplays for The Shaggy Dog and sequel, The Shaggy DA,  were based on the novel The Hound of Florence?

No (wish I were that clever!), but it's a funny coincidence.  🙂

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, shutoo said:

As for all this spelling business...who cares?   Sounds like we'll all be required to verify that we're sitting up straight and not chewing gum while we're on the site 😏

Correctly spelling a person's name shows respect for that person. It also prevents one from looking foolish.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Fausterlitz said:

No (wish I were that clever!), but it's a funny coincidence.  🙂

 

I'm glad you can see the humor in it,  because it is a very funny coincidence.    I googled The Shaggy DA because I wasn't sure that wasn't another misspelling.    I had seen and heard of The Shaggy Dog,  but never heard of or seen,   the sequel.      Then I see the title of that book.      Oh,  and if you haven't been to Florence I highly recommend it.

Seeing David, was the most moving art experience I have ever had.     

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, shutoo said:

Since a search on the TCM site shows no results for The Shaggy D.A. , I think it's a safe bet that they've never shown it.

MCOH has a history of TCM films and their cumulative showings here:

https://www.moviecollectoroh.com/reports/TCM_SCHEDULES_SUMMARY_alpha.htm

Shaggy D.A. - 5 times - the last time 2009/11, Shaggy Dog - 9 times - the last time 2016/01.

Even with a miscount, it's unlikely to overturn an election.

TopBilled, who posts historical schedules here, started with Jan 1, 2013, so sorry, no corroboration. Generally, One or Both are there for all to consult before rendering a "NO".

So, they've both been shown, maybe even on the same day, though that specificity is lacking.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

© 2022 Turner Classic Movies Inc. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings
×
×
  • Create New...