Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Liz Cheney

It's pretty clear Rep. Cheney is going to lose her primary. However, I don't think her political career is anywhere close to to ending. Imagine this scenario.  Trump somehow escapes all his baggage and becomes the  2024 nominee for president.  Cheney resigns from the party and run for president as an independent. I may be naïve but I think there are still a few sane Republicans that would vote for her. Third party candidates hardly ever win. They usually only act as spoilers. Ross Perot probably helped Bill Clinton get elected in 1992 and Ralph Nader took enough votes from Al Gore for George W. Bush to win a close race in 2000.  It's clear to me that Cheney is laser focused on making sure Trump never gets to the oval office again.  She might just sacrifice herself again for the greater good.  Although I don't agree with her on policy, I believe she is the first true patriot we've seen in quite awhile.  

• Thanks 1

Anybody who would cast a vote for Cheney would never even consider a vote for trump, so she wouldn't pull any votes from him in the general.

I'd rather see her take him on directly as a Republican. Either way she will lose, but as a Republican she would be on a debate stage with him. 

13 hours ago, LuckyDan said:

Anybody who would cast a vote for Cheney would never even consider a vote for trump, so she wouldn't pull any votes from him in the general.

I'd rather see her take him on directly as a Republican. Either way she will lose, but as a Republican she would be on a debate stage with him. 

She might be on point with Trump during a debate with him, but he would destroy her with every reply.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, fxreyman said:

She might be on point with Trump during a debate with him, but he would destroy her with every reply.

Probably but I'd like to see it.

Once she leaves the party she will no longer be every democrat's favorite Republican. As a third party candidate all this affection will vanish.

13 minutes ago, LuckyDan said:

Probably but I'd like to see it.

Once she leaves the party she will no longer be every democrat's favorite Republican. As a third party candidate all this affection will vanish.

More likely than not, after her primary loss today, her political future will probably be toast, at least in Republican circles.

I can see however Cheney becoming the newest member of either MSNBC or CNN. They would love to have her, especially IF Trump wins in 2024.

11 hours ago, fxreyman said:

More likely than not, after her primary loss today, her political future will probably be toast, at least in Republican circles.

I can see however Cheney becoming the newest member of either MSNBC or CNN. They would love to have her, especially IF Trump wins in 2024.

I predicted something very similar a few days back.      Political career toast.   Best career option going to CNN or NewsNation.     (I don't see her going to MSNBC or any NBC affiliate after they lose all that money when they hired Megyn Kelly and she wasn't PC enough for them).

23 hours ago, mr6666 said:

this is typical career politician arrogance and what Trump supporters ain't gonna be swallowing anymore.

who the f--k is she to tell us what we are obliged to put above party?

she needs a shot up the **** from her old man's hunting rifle.

so f--k her!

:D

9 minutes ago, NipkowDisc said:

this is typical career politician arrogance and what Trump supporters ain't gonna swallowing anymore.

so f--k her!

Why so angry? I would have gone with "Patriotism" (meaning an insincere but useful appeal to patriotism) "is the last refuge of a scoundrel." 

But I don't think she's insincere. I would ask her to name the Democrats she has in mind who do that. Can you be pro constitution when you have built your career saying it allows slavery, the subjugation of women, and is anti-democratic?

2 hours ago, NipkowDisc said:

this is typical career politician arrogance and what Trump supporters ain't gonna swallowing anymore.

so f--k her!

Cheney has shown courage and, unlike all those Trump political candidates kissing his royal behind, integrity in her concern for the future of the nation due to Trump and the fog of lies that permeates the nation because of him and his sycophants.

Cheyney, unlike the others, didn't sell out, even if it meant the end of her career in Congress. She can live at peace with herself in that respect and I'm sure her role as a fighter of Trump will continue in some way. For a while, of course, she will still continue in her high profile role as co chair on the January 6 investigative committee (despite what Wyoming Republicans may think of her).

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, LuckyDan said:

But I don't think she's insincere. I would ask her to name the Democrats she has in mind who do that. Can you be pro constitution when you have built your career saying it allows slavery, the subjugation of women, and is anti-democratic?

I guess the Constitution was a start. A short I short I saw on TCM showed some wanted to give the black men rights, but the southern states were against it, so they backed down. As for Liz. Didn't Trump think Dick Cheney was wrong about the Weapons of Mass Destruction.? I'm late to the game. We'll have to wait to see how it all shakes down. They're still bringing up Hiliary's e-mails and how she was treated differently than Trump. I didn't watch her hearing, but I read she didn't recall many times.

9 minutes ago, Marysara1 said:

I guess the Constitution was a start. A short I short I saw on TCM showed some wanted to give the black men rights, but the southern states were against it, so they backed down. 

Close enough. Let's just say the Constitution doesn't deny rights to anyone.

9 minutes ago, Marysara1 said:

As for Liz. Didn't Trump think Dick Cheney was wrong about the Weapons of Mass Destruction.

Not "wrong." Lied.

Where is the GOP going with these goofball candidates? People actually looked at Cheney and looked at Hageman's crazy statements and chose Hageman? And the rest of you who do not live in Wyoming approve? A vote of 70/30 against an incumbent is usually reserved for somebody accused of child molestation or some other hideous deed.  Those of you who are applauding Cheney's loss - why do you hate her and love Donald Trump? Do you actually believe the election was stolen even with all of the proof that this is not the case? 

4 hours ago, NipkowDisc said:

so f--k her!

So why are you loyal to Trump when he laughs at you and lies to you? Of course he loves the uneducated. They are easier to con.

What DO you put above party? Truth? The Constitution? Right versus wrong? You tell me.