Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Zatoichi is coming.

slaytonf

Is this the blind swordsman?  Have never seen any of the films or television shows but am aware that there's a hell of a lot that are out there.  Want to jump into the series one day but don't know where to start.

On 8/17/2022 at 7:50 AM, Shank Asu said:

Is this the blind swordsman?  Have never seen any of the films or television shows but am aware that there's a hell of a lot that are out there.  Want to jump into the series one day but don't know where to start.

Sorry I missed this.  All the movies and almost every last one of the TV series episodes are easily available on the internet through YouTube and other sites, like Internet Archive and ok.ru. 

The best place to start is with the original movie, and one of the best: Tale of Zatoichi (1962).

• Thanks 1

I must admit I've been putting off opening this thread until now because of the how its title reads on the main page.

And basically because I feared "Zatoichi is coming" was going to be some kind'a warning or alert that some new type of virus like Monkey Pox was about to spread across the world, and I just wasn't ready yet to hear about another one.

Good to discover this was just all about some Japanese movie that I'd never heard of before.

(...see slayton?...now THIS is why MY thread titles are always so damn long and explanatory, dude!!!)

;)

21 hours ago, Dargo said:

And basically because I feared "Zatoichi is coming" was going to be some kind'a warning or alert that some new type of virus like Monkey Pox was about to spread across the world, and I just wasn't ready yet to hear about another one.

Good to discover this was just all about some Japanese movie that I'd never heard of before.

I hope the suspense was enjoyable.

31 minutes ago, slaytonf said:

I hope the suspense was enjoyable.

NO! It was a HORRIFYING experience for me actually, slayton!

In FACT, I came THIS close to seeking out a shrink in order to help quell my emotions.

(...although I suppose that COULD have come in handy for the addtional purpose of finding out where in the deep recesses of my mind I had placed but had still somehow forgotten the thought that you are always so subtle, huh)  ;) 

LOL