Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Is the Real Republican Party dead?

ElCid

I thought about this last night and I believe the real Republican Party is dead.  While it has been drifting more and more toward the party of corporations, the wealthy, fundamentalist theocrats, autocrats, racists and so forth, it is now in a position where it has or is in process of abandoning those things which made it the "Grand Old Party."

Trump and Trumpism have enabled those who represent the worst elements of America to take control of the party and to influence where it goes and what it does when in control.  You can look at the Republican governors, US representatives and  senators and Republican approved Trump appointees to the Supreme Court and other Federal courts and others and clearly see this.

Trump may leave the scene, but he has enabled the basest elements of America to take control over the GOP and probably for decades to come.  The primary results from around the nation show this.

Add in the enablers who claim to be independent or more moderate Republicans, but always vote Republican no matter who the Republican is.  Or don't bother to vote at all or vote for some third party candidate with zero chance of getting elected.

• Like 2

Following Cambodia's lead they also seem to be against any intellectuals and doctors.

q2ppjbxi_x96.jpg

They want our kids stupid and easily manipulated just like every fascist movement in history. An educated population sees through their lies.

Quote Tweet

R0cKz3Gc_normal.jpg

Ron Filipkowski 

@RonFilipkowski
· 22h
Charlie Kirk: “I didn’t go to college .. The college cartel has done so much damage to our country. I believe the college cartel is no better than the Mexican drug cartel.”

17 minutes ago, Bogie56 said:

Following Cambodia's lead they also seem to be against any intellectuals and doctors.

q2ppjbxi_x96.jpg

They want our kids stupid and easily manipulated just like every fascist movement in history. An educated population sees through their lies.

Quote Tweet

R0cKz3Gc_normal.jpg

Ron Filipkowski 

@RonFilipkowski
· 22h
Charlie Kirk: “I didn’t go to college .. The college cartel has done so much damage to our country. I believe the college cartel is no better than the Mexican drug cartel.”

They still have Rand Paul.😀

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, ElCid said:

I thought about this last night and I believe the real Republican Party is dead.  While it has been drifting more and more toward the party of corporations, the wealthy, fundamentalist theocrats, autocrats, racists and so forth, it is now in a position where it has or is in process of abandoning those things which made it the "Grand Old Party."

Wouldn't racist want abortions? I always thought the liberals brainwash the college students. The democrats are drifting toward Communism. AOC made it quite clear she hates Capitalism. I was watching Tulsi again. She was saying the democrats were doing everything to stop Trump from running again. Have you democrats ever thought that if you could stop the members of your party that are yelling defund the police and other fringe ideas like the border. (Stuff like that is scaring many people that the centralist would be more willing to deal with the GOP extreme.) Just like Biden vs. Trump it shouldn't be what somebody considers the lesser of the 2 evils. It should be the best candidate.

• Confused 3

I think that it is dead. I think its official funeral will be in November.  I identify with the old GOP in many ways. For example, I don't think that many of you would appreciate my views on crime, punishment, or immigration. I always found a home in the GOP on those particular subjects. I've always been a national defense hawk, but strangely enough it is the Democrats that see Russia as a threat and the Republicans who spend July 4th there. Or at least they did until Putin invaded Ukraine. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Marysara1 said:

Wouldn't racist want abortions? I always thought the liberals brainwash the college students. The democrats are drifting toward Communism. AOC made it quite clear she hates Capitalism. I was watching Tulsi again. She was saying the democrats were doing everything to stop Trump from running again. Have you democrats ever thought that if you could stop the members of your party that are yelling defund the police and other fringe ideas like the border. (Stuff like that is scaring many people that the centralist would be more willing to deal with the GOP extreme.) Just like Biden vs. Trump it shouldn't be what somebody considers the lesser of the 2 evils. It should be the best candidate.

More than one Republican has been quoted as saying that banning abortion is necessary to increase the number of white babies.

How much time have you spent in college or on college campuses? My guess is little to none, and your view of them is based solely on right-wing agitprop.

The majority of the Democrat party, including everyone in positions of power, is not communist, and never will be. Again, your view is based on right-wing misinformation.

No one has called for defunding police in the past year or more, except for Republicans.

What does "fringe ideas like the border" even mean?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, LawrenceA said:

What does "fringe ideas like the border" even mean?

Soft on crime. Fox shows hundreds of illegal immigrants crossing the border. You democrats seem to know what is said about you and 1984 and Animal Farm and what is said about Republicans. I don't even think the 2020 election thing is over with. Florida found 20 people who weren't allowed to vote, and DeSantis told the election supervisors to keep records. So basically, the voters that gravitate to each side is in fear of the oher.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, LsDoorMat said:

I've always been a national defense hawk, but strangely enough it is the Democrats that see Russia as a threat and the Republicans who spend July 4th there. Or at least they did until Putin invaded Ukraine. 

Why Did Sen Johnson Spend 4th of July in Moscow? | WHBY It says it happened in 2018. He wasn't alone and Trump was going to have a meeting with Putin on July 16th. of that year.

• Sad 1

31 minutes ago, LawrenceA said:

Why are you calling me a "democrat"? Is everyone who disagrees with you or Fox News a "democrat"?

So, what are you green, tea, independent?  Their party is usually so small they go either democrat or GOP. Each party leader show examples how the other party is acting badly.

Not  dead, just changing. The GOP will go  with  Donny  rich  man's  "populism" bs until it no  longer works  at the polls, then it will

try something else. At  least the old country  club  Republicans  dressed  better,  but I have no use for either form of the  GOP.

The GOP is now the party of ban books, "fake" news, lies are truth Big  Brotherism. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Marysara1 said:

So, what are you green, tea, independent?  Their party is usually so small they go either democrat or GOP. Each party leader show examples how the other party is acting badly.

I've never been registered as a member of any political party.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Marysara1 said:

There is no "independent party" since George Wallace.  However, there are and have been many people who identify as independents.  While some are truly independent, the majority are not.  They either vote Democrat or Republican 90% of the time.  Lots of people I know claim they are independent, but they have always voted for only Republicans for last 50 years or more.

4 minutes ago, Vautrin said:

Not  dead, just changing. The GOP will go  with  Donny  rich  man's  "populism" bs until it no  longer works  at the polls, then it will

try something else. At  least the old country  club  Republicans  dressed  better,  but I have no use for either form of the  GOP.

The GOP is now the party of ban books, "fake" news, lies are truth Big  Brotherism. 

Since you don't vote. 😀

2 minutes ago, ElCid said:

There is no "independent party" since George Wallace.  However, there are and have been many people who identify as independents.  While some are truly independent, the majority are not.  They either vote Democrat or Republican 90% of the time.  Lots of people I know claim they are independent, but they have always voted for only Republicans for last 50 years or more.

This is true. While I've voted for some Republicans at the state and local level (where I live there isn't much choice), I've never voted for a Republican at the federal level. 

• Thanks 2