Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

What really is ‘Trump Derangement Syndrome’

Let’s start with what Trump Derangement Syndrome means.

Urban Dictionary offers up this handy definition: “Trump Derangement Syndrome (TDS) is a mental condition in which a person has been driven effectively insane due to their dislike of Donald Trump, to the point at which they will abandon all logic and reason.”

“In the first stage of the disease, victims lose all sense of proportion. The president-elect’s every tweet provokes a firestorm, as if 140 characters were all it took to change the world.”

“The mid-level stages of TDS have a profound effect on the victim’s vocabulary: Sufferers speak a distinctive language consisting solely of hyperbole.”

“As TDS progresses, the afflicted lose the ability to distinguish fantasy from reality.”

“Some clinicians consider this delusion – that Americans can only get their news from one part of the political spectrum – the gravest of all. They report that no matter how many times sufferers in padded cells are presented with flash cards with the symbols ABC, NBC, CBS, CNN, MSNBC, NPR, PBS, Time, Newsweek, New York Times, Washington Post, L.A. Times – they remain unresponsive, some in a terrifying near-catatonic torpor.”

Many should consider seeking help, Joe Biden is actually  president today and all we hear is Trump. They raid Mar-a-Lago, sue for tax returns. hold fake hearings, go after anyone associated with him, on and on. Meanwhile Joe Biden has the worst polls of any president going back to WW2, and not even one little hearing on him? He bungled Afghanistan, Covid, inflation, raised taxes on the poor, and stumbles to even talk or ride a bicycle. Please, get over Trump already and leave the fantasies behind.

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, MovieMadness said:

Urban Dictionary offers up this handy definition: “Trump Derangement Syndrome (TDS) is a mental condition in which a person has been driven effectively insane due to their dislike of Donald Trump, to the point at which they will abandon all logic and reason.”

“In the first stage of the disease, victims lose all sense of proportion. The president-elect’s every tweet provokes a firestorm, as if 140 characters were all it took to change the world.”

“The mid-level stages of TDS have a profound effect on the victim’s vocabulary: Sufferers speak a distinctive language consisting solely of hyperbole.”

“As TDS progresses, the afflicted lose the ability to distinguish fantasy from reality.”

“Some clinicians consider this delusion – that Americans can only get their news from one part of the political spectrum – the gravest of all. They report that no matter how many times sufferers in padded cells are presented with flash cards with the symbols ABC, NBC, CBS, CNN, MSNBC, NPR, PBS, Time, Newsweek, New York Times, Washington Post, L.A. Times – they remain unresponsive, some in a terrifying near-catatonic torpor.”

Many should consider seeking help, Joe Biden is actually  president today and all we hear is Trump. They raid Mar-a-Lago, sue for tax returns. hold fake hearings, go after anyone associated with him, on and on. Meanwhile Joe Biden has the worst polls of any president going back to WW2, and not even one little hearing on him? He bungled Afghanistan, Covid, inflation, raised taxes on the poor, and stumbles to even talk or ride a bicycle. Please, get over Trump already and leave the fantasies behind.

Of course you and others on this site suffer from BDS/DDS.  Biden derangement syndrome and/or Democrat Derangement Syndrome.  Which is much worse that TDS because TDS is based on real, documented evidence that shows the facts of Trump's evil, corrupt and anti-American activities.  Whereas there is no evidence of such by either the Democrats or Pres. Biden.

Trump continues to infect the Republican Party, as shown by the recent primary results, and the disease spreads once someone is infected.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, ElCid said:

Of course you and others on this site suffer from BDS/DDS.  Biden derangement syndrome and/or Democrat Derangement Syndrome.  Which is much worse that TDS because TDS is based on real, documented evidence that shows the facts of Trump's evil, corrupt and anti-American activities.  Whereas there is no evidence of such by either the Democrats or Pres. Biden.

What about the Hunter laptop? A whistleblower says the F.B.I. had proof it was real in 2020 but still had 50 spies claim it was Russian misinformation.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, LawrenceA said:

I typically see TDS or BDS used as a lazy way to dismiss any criticism of either without actually having to express how that criticism is inaccurate. 

I do see what you're getting and that is how I generally define the term;    I use it to describe someone that:  when I ask them a question about one of them (Trump or Biden) instead of answering the question they reply with comments about the other guy:     For example:   Could the Biden admin and US military,  had handled the exit from Afghanistan better?   The reply:   Uh,,,, well,,,,   Trump would have messed it up even more!        

What I have found in the last few week or so with some of my more conservatives friends is that,  while they complained to no end about others being TDS (based on my definition),   when I asked them about Mara-a-Lago and confidential documents,   all they wish to talk about is Hillary and what she did with confidential documents.

So to me person-DS,  is just another form of deflection.   (and something we all do,  to some degree,  as a knee-jerk defensive response).

How can someone get therapy if they have no money?

If you live near a university, call the graduate psychology department and ask if they have a counseling center for people in the community. These centers are typically staffed by graduate students who are learning to provide therapy, and the care is usually excellent and free or very-low cost

Hopefully the graduate students don't have TDS as well.

11 hours ago, JamesJazGuitar said:

I do see what you're getting and that is how I generally define the term;    I use it to describe someone that:  when I ask them a question about one of them (Trump or Biden) instead of answering the question they reply with comments about the other guy:     For example:   Could the Biden admin and US military,  had handled the exit from Afghanistan better?   The reply:   Uh,,,, well,,,,   Trump would have messed it up even more!        

What I have found in the last few week or so with some of my more conservatives friends is that,  while they complained to no end about others being TDS (based on my definition),   when I asked them about Mara-a-Lago and confidential documents,   all they wish to talk about is Hillary and what she did with confidential documents.

So to me person-DS,  is just another form of deflection.   (and something we all do,  to some degree,  as a knee-jerk defensive response).

When I reply to the inaccurate comments re: the exit from Afghanistan I do comment on how Biden is not totally to blame, if much at all.  I also point out who is to blame.  Then I also end by saying it would have been worse under Trump because the posters who totally blame Biden are very much devoted to Trump and refuse to acknowledge that he began the exit - and it would have been worse under Trump.

The deal never would have happened under Trump because the Taliban was suppose to negotiate with the Afghan government and they never did. That effectively cancelled the deal, yet Biden authorized the pull-out with the US military warning him it would end up as a catastrophe. Then as they begin Biden and his staff go home on vacation and we know the rest.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, MovieMadness said:

The deal never would have happened under Trump because the Taliban was suppose to negotiate with the Afghan government and they never did. That effectively cancelled the deal, yet Biden authorized the pull-out with the US military warning him it would end up as a catastrophe. Then as they begin Biden and his staff go home on vacation and we know the rest.

You really believe what you posted?  Would be funny if it was not so disturbing about your thought processes.

The US military never warned him it would be a "catastrophe."  If it was going to be a catastrophe, it would be because the US military did not do its job AND the AFGHAN government, people, military, law enforcement, et. al. failed to defend their OWN country with their vastly superior armed forces.

Trump would have pulled out no matter what because he said in 2016 he was going to.

Trump gave an order to pull out by January 15.  He included Germany and all of Africa as well.

It simply could not be done with two weeks notice over Christmas.   As usual, MM is lying about everything.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Bogie56 said:

Trump gave an order to pull out by January 15.  He included Germany and all of Africa as well.

It simply could not be done with two weeks notice over Christmas.   As usual, MM is lying about everything.

Ironic that a certain poster is proving that BDS is far more severe than TDS.

23 hours ago, ElCid said:

Trump continues to infect the Republican Party, as shown by the recent primary results, and the disease spreads once someone is infected.

unfortunately, for what you say to be true biden would have to have a good record of performance but as we all know it is lousy. he has botched so much starting with Afghanistan. hatred of Donald Trump is no excuse for you biden fools ignoring the obvious.  every dam week with have to put up with listening to the constant silly allusions that the democrats are somehow finally on the brink of nailing Trump. 

well GO AHEAD and nail him! you have the whole country waiting so do it! what's the holdup? 

:P

30 minutes ago, NipkowDisc said:

unfortunately, for what you say to be true biden would have to have a good record of performanced but as we all know it is lousy. he has botched so much starting with Afghanistan. hatred of Donald Trump is no excuse for you biden fools ignoring the obvious.  every dam week with have to put up with listening to the constant silly allusions that the democrats are somehow finally on the brink of nailing Trump. 

well GO AHEAD and nail him! you have the whole country waiting so do it! what's the holdup? 

:P

There are other threads where Biden's very significant accomplishments  in less than two years have been listed.  You and others just do not want to admit it.

23 minutes ago, NipkowDisc said:

name them.

Add to ElCid's

1.  $1.2 trillion bipartisan infrastructure package  - which this country needed bad!

2.  The $1.9 trillion COVID relief deal  

3.  Highest appointment of federal judges since Reagan (41)

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, NipkowDisc said:

most of the recently passed bills will in all likelihood worsen the economy and most americans DO NOT OBSESS on the appointment number of federal judges.

One of the reasons why Manchin opposed the original BBB bill, was too expensive. What was reconciled shouldn't have that much effect on inflation.

Covid was the catalysis for inflation, factory shutdowns tied to the pandemic, global shipping backlogs and reduced production have escalated into a parts and products shortage. Because demand has outstripped the supply of goods, companies have been able to charge more without losing customers. Covid caused a drastic less demand for oil and the rest is history.

Too easy to make a president a scapegoat when things goes bad. Biden causing this is like Herbert Hoover causing the Great Depression (events leading up to the 1929 crash happened long before he took office).  

Now what causes inflation in general? From Business Insider...

https://www.businessinsider.com/personal-finance/causes-of-inflation

Oh you ASKED what was his accomplishes and I stated the facts.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, NipkowDisc said:

most of the recently passed bills will in all likelihood worsen the economy and most americans DO NOT OBSESS on the appointment number of federal judges.

If anything really tanks the economy it will be severe climate change.

On 8/18/2022 at 6:07 PM, MovieMadness said:

What taxes have been raised on the poor? 

How did Biden bungle Covid?

How do you leave a country after occupying it for twenty years (Afghanistan) and not have the people living there panic as they see you leaving?

I'll wait. 

• Thanks 2

It'll be a wait and see about Biden's accomplishments. Many Economists don't think the new bill will help inflation. It's their green bill renamed. How many poor can afford an electric car even with the rebate and the solar roof etc. Trudeau happy. Canada makes cars but how will a car made in Canada help with U.S. inflation. Unemployment numbers are tricky. Isn't it based on people who get unemployment checks. There are many people that are only part-time but would want to be full-time. I'm not excited when I get a high bill. I think how am I going to pay for it. Is Biden selling his houses to pay for infrastructure or going green or getting the money from taxpayers. The taxpayers should get the credit not Biden. It's easy to spend somebody's money as long as it's not yours.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1