Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2022 October Halloween Schedule

bukwurm

I love TCM, and have been a devoted fan for many years.  For the last couple years I have been a vocal critic of TCM's Halloween schedule, and what felt like a slow move away from the heavy focus TCM used to have for classic horror and sci/fi at Halloween time.  I just downloaded the tentative schedule for October, and I have to say, I am REALLY excited!  There is a wonderful selection of horror and sci/fi movies for the entire month of October, with an increasing amount as you near Halloween.  I was vocal with my criticism, and I want to be equally vocal with my praise.  First, TCM is, if not the first, one of the first channels to post their Halloween holiday schedule.  I love the fact we can see what's coming up and it's mid-August!!  Second, there is a large quantity of movies, not only on the week prior to Halloween, but spread out throughout the month.  And third,  as usual, the movies TCM has lined up are quality and classic, as we've become used to with this channel.  Forget the gory "franchise" movies to be found on Sci/Fi channel and AMC.  These are quality movies that many of us, of a certain age, grew up on and hope to pass on to future horror movie fans.  

I just want to say thank you to TCM for what promises to be an enjoyable Halloween season!!

• Like 2

16 hours ago, bukwurm said:

I love TCM, and have been a devoted fan for many years.  For the last couple years I have been a vocal critic of TCM's Halloween schedule, and what felt like a slow move away from the heavy focus TCM used to have for classic horror and sci/fi at Halloween time.  I just downloaded the tentative schedule for October, and I have to say, I am REALLY excited!  There is a wonderful selection of horror and sci/fi movies for the entire month of October, with an increasing amount as you near Halloween . . .

bukwurm,

I agree with your praise for the TCM October 2022 schedule.

You can see a list of only the Horror and Science-Fiction movies shown on TCM during October on the Halloween Movies on TV site.

Thereon last October, responder Janine replied, "TCM needs to have 31 days of Halloween instead of just a three day Halloween Marathon 10/29- 10/31." From her lips . . . !

Also on the Halloween Movies on TV site, responder Dave promoted the October 2021 schedule on the Movies! channel, which had a very impressive and enticing lineup of Horror and Science-Fiction movies. I hope that the October 2022 Movies! schedule is similarly exceptional.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

very nice to see Alligator and Alligator 2: The Mutation, and Deadly Friend on that list

Other ones that would be great to see

Salems Lot, Return to Salems Lot, Scream (1981), House of Seven corpses, Mortuary (1981), Deadly Messsages, No Place to Hide (1981)

I'd love to see  more rare 1970s and 1980s made for Tmovies on TCM

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, DarkMansions said:

very nice to see Alligator and Alligator 2: The Mutation, and Deadly Friend on that list

Other ones that would be great to see

Salems Lot, Return to Salems Lot, Scream (1981), House of Seven corpses, Mortuary (1981), Deadly Messsages, No Place to Hide (1981)

I'd love to see  more rare 1970s and 1980s made for Tmovies on TCM

TCM steers clear of made-for-TV movies for the most part, although there are a handful that featured classic-era film stars that I could see them getting away with showing if they wished.

Welcome to the boards.