Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Before I sit on "hold" with my cable service....

I had a free preview of Sling last week and there was significant pixelating  just on TCM. I normally watch via TCM online and never have an issue. When I had satellite, many channels would have reduced bandwidth and suffer. ESPN and HBO always looked great so you know they prioritize some over others.

maxresdefault.jpg&ehk=ZDroLWMp84CAflaMG0

"See Amy?! I told you there's a lot more of this is happening lately than just to Mr. Deeds!"

Sorry Sepia, couldn't resist. ;)  Whenever I see or hear the word "pixelated" I think of "pixilated" and my mind always harks back to this scene in Capra's movie.

(...and to answer your question here, no, my TCM feed seems to be working just fine this morning...Joan Crawford goin' bonkers in Possessed is comin' in just fine on my TV at this time)

• Haha 4

9 hours ago, Sepiatone said:

Is anybody else dealing with TCM constantly pixellating today?  

Sepiatone

I'm on DirectTV and it happens sometimes. Usually when there's some disruption or loss of signal on their end, not my dish.

Complaining might get a credit of some kind so I wont discourage the effort.

I posted about this yesterday morning.  Later in the day it was still happening, but after spending time at my older daughter's home and returning to my home at 10:30 pm  I tuned in and noticed everything was OK.  But I'm still not sure about why it happened in the first place.  I'm still on cable.  Wide Open West(WOW). 

Sepiatone

• 2 weeks later...

I’ve been having constant pixelation of just TCM on Sling for about a week now. I took Friday off for Vivien Leigh day, and couldn’t enjoy any of the content due to all the image distortion.

And I have done all the restarting, reloading app, trying other channels, checking connections. Paying extra for TCM doesn’t make sense at this point.