Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Mel Brooks

What’s Mel Brooks doing now?  His new book.  About Me My Remarkable Life In Show Business came out last fall.  Either towards the end of October or in November.  I think in November and I think the only thing I saw him on promoting it was Good Morning America.  I thought he would have made more TV appearances promoting it then that.  He usually does.  Is he sick?  I don’t think he’s retired.  Maybe he’s working on something else now.

16 hours ago, David Guercio said:

What’s Mel Brooks doing now?  His new book.  About Me My Remarkable Life In Show Business came out last fall.  Either towards the end of October or in November.  I think in November and I think the only thing I saw him on promoting it was Good Morning America.  I thought he would have made more TV appearances promoting it then that.  He usually does.  Is he sick?  I don’t think he’s retired.  Maybe he’s working on something else now.

He's 96 years old so I'd assume he's not working as much.  He's got a website (melbrooks.com) and twitter account, so somebody is updating it. 

Apparently, he voiced a character in the recent Paws of Fury:

I also hear Mel was working on a new stand-up routine titled, "The Two Thousand and Ninety-Six Year Old Man", but this is now on the backburner and until he can find a straightman to replace Carl Reiner.

(...they say his first choice was Dick Van Dyke, but then Mel started worrying that Dick might die on him too and before getting the routine down)

;) ...nah, not really

• 2 weeks later...

Yes he is.  I actually just remembered.  He’s actually working on a sequel to History Of The World Part 1.  It will actually be called History Of The World Part 2 and it will actually a series on Hulu.  I haven’t herd anything this summer.  But maybe it will be out this fall or next year or something.  I’m really looking forward to it a whole lot.  I can’t wait and I’m also still really looking forward to buying  his new book on audio.  About Me My Remarkable Life In Show Business.  On the IBooks app and if he’s actually working on another 2000 Year Old Man skit/show?  That will be just so cool too.  I’ll be really looking forward to that a whole lot too.  I can’t wait.