Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Another lazy democrat

3 hours ago, Sepiatone said:

I've read over that clip four times and still can't find where it says the man was a democrat.  :rolleyes:

Sepiatone

Everybody who does something wrong is a Democrat in MM's thinking.  But this is a new low, even for him.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, scsu1975 said:

I know everyone is dying to know how this story ends, so here you go. From the Oakland Tribune, September 19, 1937:

CQ9u6eu.png

You'd be surprised how many people would say that they married somebody who would not work or bathe in return for a half interest in some oil wells. My husband's first wife said that about him during their divorce and he has no oil wells. I know for a fact he bathes and since we met at work, that dismisses her other charge. And he'd punch you in the mouth if you called him a Democrat.  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, scsu1975 said:

I know everyone is dying to know how this story ends, so here you go. From the Oakland Tribune, September 19, 1937:

CQ9u6eu.png

I wonder if Mrs Maine was African-American or white. I know the United States had extreme anti-miscegnation laws in the 30s. Only 3% of marriages at that time were interracial I read and they were all white sailors and native/ asian women from the ports they went to.

4 hours ago, Sukhov said:

I wonder if Mrs Maine was African-American or white. I know the United States had extreme anti-miscegnation laws in the 30s. Only 3% of marriages at that time were interracial I read and they were all white sailors and native/ asian women from the ports they went to.

Native Americans and European immigrants have been intermarrying for centuries.  My own family tree has dozens of such marriages going back to the 1700s.

33 minutes ago, txfilmfan said:

Native Americans and European immigrants have been intermarrying for centuries.  My own family tree has dozens of such marriages going back to the 1700s.

Why, back then it even went deeper.  Like any Catholic marrying a protestant was considered he same as entering an "interracial" marriage.  Even one protestant marrying a protestant from a different denomination(ie:  Baptist marrying a Methodist) was considered just as bad.   :o

Sepiatone